Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: To Foobar developers (Read 1797 times) previous topic - next topic

To Foobar developers

Hello. New member here.  :o  From Russia with love !!!

Please, make an ability to display the volume level (%vol_level%) (format - "-X.XX dB") like time(%time%), bitrate(%bitrate%), title(%title%), artist(%artist%) etc. in generic fields. I need it for DUI.
Thanks a lot. Thanks 100500 time  :D  :D  :D
from RUSSIA with love...

Re: To Foobar developers

Reply #1
Volume level? Are you talking about the replay gain value? You can already do that with %replaygain_track_gain%

Reply #2
No, I'm talking about duplicate value "Volume Level" in right bottom corner , formated like time(%time%), bitrate(%bitrate%), title(%title%), artist(%artist%) etc. in generic fields.
It's not equal %replaygain_track_gain% function.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hx9UWX9xGljWJkiTW5-7QHSBpfXEYEVF/view?usp=sharing
from RUSSIA with love...

Reply #3
I want to duplicate this value
Volume Level (in right bottom corner of big screen)

to the small display https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Hiya/Vzm1VDQz5

The small display works under plugin foo_timedisplay and can play only with values, formated like %time%, %artist% etc.
from RUSSIA with love...

Reply #4
It may be possible for some component to implement a function or variable to do that, but nothing which runs formatting scripts will know to update their display when the volume level changes, as that is not usually a trigger for title formatting updates.

Reply #5
Thank you for your answer, but it not so. Plugin foo_timedisplay refresh data of any function on real time.
refresh the display
I think, it will can to display that value correct.
P.S.: Sorry for my bad english  ::)
from RUSSIA with love...

Reply #6
That is correct, that particular component can refresh its own display. But most other info display components only refresh their display on specific events, like track change, or time position reporting, which also has a timed event. And while there is an event to report when the volume level has been changed, no title formatting based user interface elements are set to trigger on it, as far as I know. Even my foo_osd component does something completely different when configured to trigger on volume level changes, and displays a volume meter effect, instead of script output.

Reply #7
Ok, thank you.
But now I have a some questions.
Is Beatrate has a timed event? It refresh correctly.
And next question about your foo_osd component. Is it possible to display volume level simultaneously:
1. volume meter bar
and
2. negative digital sequence (for example, "0" is displayd when length of the volume bar is maximum, "-1" when the first step of decreasing the volume is done, "-2" when the second step of decreasing the volume's done, etc.).
Maybe given the value ''Volume step'', like it is in Preferences>Advanced>Playback>Volume step (dB).
Sorry for my perseverance  :-[

PS: your foo_osd is so cool  :D  :D  :D
from RUSSIA with love...

Reply #8
 :o  :o  :o
from RUSSIA with love...

Reply #9
Is Beatrate has a timed event? It refresh correctly.
Of course I meant ''bitrate''. Sorry :-[
from RUSSIA with love...