Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows 10 integration does not handle missing artist info correctly (Read 1282 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 10 integration does not handle missing artist info correctly

If the current track does not have any artist information, the Windows 10 system media transport controls show the previous track's artist. I would expect it to show nothing, or perhaps a placeholder like '?' in the playlist view.

Re: Windows 10 integration does not handle missing artist info correctly

Reply #1

Reply #2
Looks like this issue is partially fixed in the beta 13. The artist is now correctly no longer displayed, but the album art still shows the same issue.

Reply #3
Cannot recreate the issue - if there's no album art, Universal Volume Control does not show album art for me - no signs of previous-track info sticking in such case like it did with artists before. What exactly are you doing and where does Windows show wrong cover art for you? Please post screenshots if possible.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #4
I have two tracks in a playlist. One has embedded cover art (Correct.png) and one has not (Missing.png). If I use media keys to switch from one to the other while Foobar does not have focus, the album art sticks around.

Reply #5
Thanks.
Are these single tracks that are not a part of an album?

Reply #6
They're both part of an album, but I usually have Shuffle (tracks) on. For these screenshots, I put these two songs by themselves in a new playlist.

The track didn't have album art because the album art in the folder was .png, so it didn't match any of the settings.

Reply #7
Thanks. Problem recreated and fixed for the next update.

It appears that Microsoft made up their minds and all the fields now stick between tracks unless explicitly cleared, this seems to have changed between Windows 10 1803 and the previous version. At least my development machine on older Windows 10 did not have this bug < cue Intel 600p SSD rant > but another machine running version 1803 did.

Glad we got it sorted out before foobar2000 v1.4 stable.

Reply #8
Beta 14 posted, the fix is included.

Reply #9
Yeah, I was running 1803. I updated to beta 14 and it seems to be working as expected now; thanks for the quick fix.