Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Video cards with S-Video input (Read 3849 times) previous topic - next topic

Video cards with S-Video input

Reply #1
By "video card" do you mean video capture cards or VGA adapters?

If it is video capture cards, then it's pretty easy. Just look for solutions from Hauppauge or Pinnacle

If you want a VGA adapter including video capture, you might find what you need in ATI All-in-Wonder cards.

Reply #3
My good old ATI All in Wonder Radeon has it. Though it is at least five years old.

Reply #4
i think some ATi cards had (have ?) video input, but it was composite video, not S-Video. The feature was called VIVO. IIRC its not the All-in-Wonder Roberto mentioned, but rather something in-between. I dont know however if its available in the recent ATi models.

Reply #5
i think some ATi cards had (have ?) video input, but it was composite video, not S-Video. The feature was called VIVO. IIRC its not the All-in-Wonder Roberto mentioned, but rather something in-between. I dont know however if its available in the recent ATi models.

No, no. AVIVO is ATI's hardware-accelerated video decoders, like Nvidia's PureVideo.

Here, look at the review for the All-in-Winder X1900

"Total Home Video, from Studio to Screening
The All-in-Wonder X1900 turns the PC into a video production center. Capture video from multiple sources including s-video and composite video. Edit the video with best-of-breed editing software included in the package. Then cut a DVD complete with titling and get the full supply, from input to output."

I don't know of nVidia cards supporting capture...

Reply #6
Yeah, but AVIVO and VIVO (VideoIn/VideoOut) are appearantely two different things. Read this wikipedia article. It doesnt explicitly mention any video card with this feature, but judging from this picture the first Radeon 256 card was able to recieve video signals, but i havent seen those chinch connectors on current video boards.

Of course All-in-Wonder cards would also do the job, but a video card with VIVO (if there is one) would be probably cheaper, if no additional features (like built in tv tuner) are needed.

edit: the most recent cards with video input are the X800Pro VIVO (AGP/PCIe) and X800XT VIVO (PCIe) (these came out in 2004, so probably its hard to find them now) and that X1900 All-in-Wonder.