Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for fastenc.exe (Read 5458 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for fastenc.exe

I am new to this activity.
I have bought INtel deluxe in order to archive my LP's, and the manual says that I can get a fastencc.exe  MP3 encoder free but the fastencc website tells me it is no longer available. Can anyone help please?

Looking for fastenc.exe

Reply #1
I have bought INtel deluxe in order to archive my LP's

So you want to use integrated soundcard? Usually they can suffer from... how it's in english... noise pickups?

and the manual says that I can get a fastencc.exe MP3 encoder

This manual seems quite outdated.

edit: internal -> integrated.

Looking for fastenc.exe

Reply #2
Google found this site, where you can download FASTENCC.EXE (I think).

But, you should probably be using the excellent, (but unlicensed), LAME[/color] MP3 encoder.

If you download Audacity (FREE!!!) and install LAME [/u] (FREE!!!), you can digitally record your LPs and save them as MP3.

For more information on LAME and MP3 compression start here[/color].

...in order to archive my LP's...
  There is a lot of helpful information about digitizing LPs here[/color].  (I use Wave Repair[/color] to remove "snap", "crackle", and "pop".)