Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Show artwork in parent folder (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

Show artwork in parent folder

Hi guys.
Let's say I have this folder structure

- FOLDER A
- - FOLDER B
- - - Tracks.mp3

So, I want Foobar to take the artwork not from the Folder B, but from its parent folder, folder A. I have Artwork.jpg there.
The only workaround I see is to attach the image to every mp3s in those folders and I don't want to do that. There's another one and it's even worse: copy the Artwork.jpg in every folder.

So, is there a way to trick Foobar into doing this?

Thanks

Re: Show artwork in parent folder

Reply #1
File>Preferences>Display>Album art>TYPE

Code: [Select]
..\artwork.jpg

Reply #2
I use the following to display the cover in sub-folders:

folder.jpg
.\folder.jpg
..\folder.jpg
...\folder.jpg
....\folder.jpg

Just replace folder.jpg with Artwork.jpg

Reply #3
^That's just plain wrong. First of all, a sub folder is contained within the same folder as the music file so you'd use

sub folder\blah.jpg

And increasing the number of periods does nothing. If you want to go further up the folder structure, you'd use

..\..\blah.jpg

Reply #4
ahahaha
So I already tried that, the thing is, I tried it with the other slash ( / )
Thanks guys (is there a way to "overwrite" the artwork that is already in the mp3? I guess I need to delete every one)

Reply #5
File>Preferences>Advanced>Display>Album art>Embedded art vs external>Prefer external

If you want to remove embedded art, foobar can do it from multiple tracks at once. Just select them all>right click>Tagging>Remove all pictures.

Reply #6
File>Preferences>Advanced>Display>Album art>Embedded art vs external>Prefer external

If you want to remove embedded art, foobar can do it from multiple tracks at once. Just select them all>right click>Tagging>Remove all pictures.

thanks so much, i love you marc i'll give you my babies next time i see you around

Reply #7
My folder structure is like this:

If I enter
sub folder\folder.jpg
or
..\..\folder.jpg
foobar does not display any artwork.
If I enter
..\folder.jpg
foobar displays the artwork.

Then explain to me why my
..\folder.jpg
work but the code you posted does not work for me?

Reply #8
for ..\..\folder.jpg to work there obviously must be a folder.jpg existing in the grandparent folder. If there ain't one it won't do anything...