Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Extigy Vs Game Theater XP

Creative Labse Sound Blaster Extigy
[ 0 ] (0%)
Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1
[ 8 ] (100%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Topic: Extigy Vs Game Theater XP (Read 3253 times) previous topic - next topic

Now:

I'm not that much into gaming...
I LOVE MP3's, MPC's, AAC's, Monkey Audio etc.
I'd like to do some recording through digital in. Yamaha DG Stomp -> coaxial cable -> soundcard
Good MIDI quality would be nice
Price is important as well ( Herc 40% cheaper than CL where i live )
USB hub is a welcome feature
independent Dolby Digital decoding is welcome as well

help!
I said no to drugs, but they didn\'t listen.

Reply #1
I lean heavily towards Hercules Game Theater. It's much cheaper ($99 vs $149), it has RCA jacks, and most of all - I CAN'T STAND Creative Labs!

Reply #2
I recommend neither... The drivers for the Hercules card are quite poor and have higher CPU usage than necessary... Instead I recommend Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 which have quite nice audio quality, good drivers, low processor usage and of course 7.1 sound...  And it's also cheaper than both of those other cards...

Reply #3
If you can find it, go for a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.
If you really want to get the Extigy, consider the Audigy instead unless you need to use a laptop.