Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Searching for a MD5-mass-calculating program (Read 9482 times) previous topic - next topic

Searching for a MD5-mass-calculating program

Reply #25
Regarding dot in dirname,
SET md5file=%~nx1.md5
should do.

I think there might be a problem with this: when there is no dot in the dirname it would add one at the end. I will check it tomorrow.

Reply #26
Nope it doesn't.

Reply #27
Heres an installer that will do the job for you,  its just some batch files and fsum wrapped in an installer. It will work with '&' and '.' in directory names. It works from the context menu, just right click on the directory that you want worked on.

md5.exe

Let me know of any problems

_io_

Reply #28
Thanks, io, very much. I already MD5´d several hundreds of directories now. Well, I didn´t look so exactly on them, but everything seems to work. Have to take a closer look at directories, where the percent-char ("%") is written, to see if it works also with this character. One little thing should *maybe* be changed for me.... I´d like to have the "_"-sign in front of each MD5-filename, so that it´s sorted at the beginning of each dir. Can you upload a special version for me with this feature? Thx a lot !!
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #29
Here you go, i'd advise uninstalling the previous one before installing this one.

MD5 for R.A.F

_io_

Reply #30
Thanks a lot, io.
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #31
And another thing I noticed should be also included, _io_: Is it possible, that this MD5-program is generating checksums only for special file-types (like *.mp3, *.mp3, *.ape), which you should be able to choose before the gerneration-process starts? At the moment there are simply all files in each directory included, which I don´t want.

I hope you will ever read this, after the project closed such a long time ago....