Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPodlinux (Read 8405 times) previous topic - next topic

iPodlinux

Hey y'all how you doing?

See i have this friend that is willing to know if iPodlinux portable player (i dunno is this correct?) already supports the musepack audio format?

He claims that hes still not certain whether or not this player can play it... I dunno can somebody gimme a light on this? 

Thank ku!

iPodlinux

Reply #1
Hey y'all how you doing?

See i have this friend that is willing to know if iPodlinux portable player (i dunno is this correct?) already supports the musepack audio format?

He claims that hes still not certain whether or not this player can play it... I dunno can somebody gimme a light on this? 

Thank ku!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think this page has all what you want to know 
[a href="http://www.ipodlinux.org/FAQ#What_is_this.3F]http://www.ipodlinux.org/FAQ[/url]

iPodlinux

Reply #2
Hi there,

I think iPodLinux can read mpc (using podzilla2 and one of the new modules (MPD)), but the support is not that good at the moment. But you might want to have a look at an alternative project called "Rockbox", (www.rockbox.org) which is available for quite a lot of ipod types, relatively easy to install and it can play Musepack, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC without much problems. I use it for that purpose. There are also possibilities to install Rockbox and ipl in parallel.

Icewind

iPodlinux

Reply #3
If you're interested in audio playback, you should probably be using Rockbox, not IPL.  Rockbox does support MPC, though i don't think you can seek in it (since seeking is tricky in MPC).

iPodlinux

Reply #4
...might want to have a look at an alternative project called "Rockbox", (www.rockbox.org)...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377899"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

agreed.  rockbox pretty much rocks my box...  i've got an old archos jukebox 6000 that rockbox brought new life to.

edit: typo
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.

iPodlinux

Reply #5
doesn't work for ipod 3g :'(
Sorry for the bad english, I'm french .

iPodlinux

Reply #6
I noticed theres been a fair amount of MPC work done on Rockbox these past weeks.  Someone submitted a patch to fix seeking, and someone else fixed gapless playback.  I hear theres even some optimizations in the works too.