Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OptimFROG version 4.910b [2011-02-10] (Read 21580 times) previous topic - next topic

OptimFROG version 4.910b [2011-02-10]

Reply #25
RE: Monkey's Audio and its reliability

Reliability? It's up there with FLAC, TAK, WavPack, and definitely is a great alternative to Monkey's Audio if one wanted to switch over to OptimFROG.

I've since found out that Monkey's Audio supposed lack of error robustness just isn't true:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=434126

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=498272

Of course, the ideal setting with that codec is -c3000. Best balance between compression, decompression and playback. The equivalent setting in OptimFROG? The total opposite is the case.

Reply #26
I solved the problem by using the --headersize option to specify that the wave header size should be 44. So my foobar2000 command line ended up looking like this:

Code: [Select]
--encode --mode high --silent --md5 --incorrectheader --raw --headersize 44 - --output %d

And both the original and duplicate passed the bit comparison test...

But witch command is for 24 bit files and different sample rates. eg 24/96 

EDIT: Solved. For 24/96

Code: [Select]
--encode --mode high --silent --md5 --incorrectheader --raw --headersize 44 --sampletype SINT24 --rate 96000 - --output %d

No differences in decoded data found. 

Reply #27
I have another question. When ofr.exe encode DTS CD wav, playback is noise. Same is in Takc.exe. WavPack and FLAC works with DTS CD.
This is what is changed in WAV header after decode from OFR.

Original DTS CD WAV header

Decoded

so, what will be command line for dts cd wav. OptimFrog is best compressor for strong wide range noise.

Reply #28
And what's the length of the original and decoded files?

Reply #29
Same lenght, same number of samples. Bit compare tells: No differences in decoded data found. Only playback is problem. I have dts decoder in foobar. But when playing OFR its strong noise.

Reply #30
Same lenght, same number of samples. Bit compare tells: No differences in decoded data found.

This is strange, because the only difference between those headers is the size of audio data (i.e. number of samples).

Only playback is problem. I have dts decoder in foobar.

And this is not strange: OFR plugin doesn't support postprocessing that is required by newer DTS decoder plugin. You can use older foo_input_dts ver. 0.2.8.

Reply #31
21 Jun 2015

After an exceedingly long apparent pause, the OptimFROG 5.000 stable release is finally ready! It is the result of a large number of internal code updates and improvements, featuring several new supported platfroms, SSE2 enabled builds, a fully new unified license, updated SDK, updated documentation, and updated website content. You can check all the new release packages on the Downloads page and the comprehensive list of changes on the Changes page.

http://www.losslessaudio.org/News.php

Reply #33
Oops. Somehow I missed it completely. Thanks, ChronoSphere.