Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .tta -> .flac conversion with cue file (Read 13614 times) previous topic - next topic

.tta -> .flac conversion with cue file

I have a album in lossless .tta format but the problem is the entire album is one .tta file with a .cue sheet included. I can't directly convert the .tta file to .flac without first seperating the individual tracks. What I've been doing is burning the album using Burrrn 1.14 Beta 2 to a CD-RW and using EAC to rip the tracks to .flac.

I feel like I'm taking a extra step by burning it to CD and then converting it to FLAC as the .tta file is already a compressed lossless file to begin with.

Reply #1
Since there is a foobar2000 plugin for TTA, couldn't you just install it and use foobar2000 to transcode from TTA to FLAC?

http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=181

Reply #2
Also you can use ttaenc to decode to wav. then edit the cue file

Reply #3
Since there is a foobar2000 plugin for TTA, couldn't you just install it and use foobar2000 to transcode from TTA to FLAC?

http://fb2k.org/show.php?id=181

Problem is, I'm not too familiar with foobar2000.

I've did some digging and I found a program called Medieval CUE Splitter and I'm currently using that to split the files. Now I just need to find a program to transcode to FLAC.

Reply #6
ALAC is supported as input, experiment with the tool a bit yourself as I don't use Apple's lossless CODEC myself.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #7
shntool handles most lossless formats (including tta and flac).