Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cue sheet on enhanced CD (Read 3537 times) previous topic - next topic

Cue sheet on enhanced CD

Hello,

I would like to have backup of my music CDs. I use ISO Workshop for that which is alright for most CDs but fails to create a correct Cue sheet on Enhanced CD. How do I correct them in order to work out? For example this is the Cue sheet I got for Pocket Symphony by Air :

FILE "Air-PocketSymphony.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 04:02:69
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 09:05:11
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 13:07:47
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 16:34:71
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 20:53:43
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 25:00:57
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 28:51:69
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 31:56:47
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 35:28:64
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 39:04:62
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
  INDEX 01 43:37:62

As the EAC shows where the data started, I've added these lines. EAC can recognize the CD but the last track lasts for too long and the data is not correctly recognized.
  TRACK 13 MODE2/2352
  INDEX 01 50:30:60

Any help on this issue?

Thanks

K<L<M

Cue sheet on enhanced CD

Reply #1
See the EAC FAQ: write questions.

Essentially you have to use other, more specialized burning software to write the audio in one session (without finalizing) and the data in another.
(This is just what I've found by searching... I have not tried it myself.)

Cue sheet on enhanced CD

Reply #2
Thanks for your answer. However I do not get how the Example 9 from digitalX might work if what you said were true:

http://digitalx.org/cue-sheet/examples/#example09

Also this thread also deals with the subject by adding a LEAD-OUT option:

http://club.myce.com/f59/mixed-mode-cd-328900/

Unfortunately, this did not worked so far (I use Daemontools to read the backup).

Cue sheet on enhanced CD

Reply #4
Hello .halverhahn,

Thanks for the info, I will read it as soon as possible. Sorry I did not found you thread, I was lookin for the terms «Enhanced CD.»

K<L<M

Cue sheet on enhanced CD

Reply #5
Hello,

I found an easier solution with Daemon tools. It has a built-in backup image creator and the MDX file allows to save enhanced audio CD images.

Thank you anyway.

K<L<M