Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exotic tags (Read 17913 times) previous topic - next topic

Exotic tags

Reply #50
(you wouldn't be browsing this website if there was not a standard like HTML that makes you put all kind of shit in your files, but you have to use some standard ones to make it worth)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232065"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Isn't that why they invented XML?  Because HTML wasn't extensible?  Can't you make up any tag you want with XML?  Does that make it evil?

-- Rick

----
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Moderation: removed long off-topic signature.[/span]
------- Rick -------
--------------------

Exotic tags

Reply #51
Is there an issue with letting the user know that they are using a non-standard tag by use of color, asterisk, or some other mark?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232077"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Every programmer/programming team develops a style.  The UI style here is not to adorn things.  I challenge you to show me one single, solitary spot in the entire core interface where something is adorned with a color, an asterisk, or some other mark.

On the other hand, the developer has made it extraordinarily easy for you, the third-party developer, to replace almost any aspect of the user interface with (as they probably think of it) as gaudy, a junked up, neon piece of crap as you wish.

Personally I salute the FB2K development team for providing us with a superb tunes player.  I would probably salute you, too, if you came up with a really nifty way to save the online music community from the misery of malformed tags.

-- Rick

----
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Moderation: removed long off-topic signature.[/span]
------- Rick -------
--------------------