Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help me add --replaygain-accurate to my command line (Read 5226 times) previous topic - next topic

Help me add --replaygain-accurate to my command line

hi folks, please help me with this command line. it works perfect but now i want to add the setting to calculate replay gain (accurate), where exactly it fits in here? if you could just copy my line and write the setting in its proper place, thanks a bunch. here's the line:

-b 320 -h --id3v2-only --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr2%" %source% %dest%

Reply #1
Short answer: put --replaygain-accurate before %source%

Consult the detailed.html file included with the rarewares compiles for further explanation of command-line switches.

Reply #2
ok, just like this?

-b 320 -h --id3v2-only --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr2%" --replaygain-accurate %source% %dest%

Reply #3
Does anything support replaygain data added with the --replaygain-accurate switch?

Edit: from the wiki: "Tags added during encoding; not supported by any player yet; Track Gain only"

Reply #4
But I wrote that one correctly in the line?

If that's the case what skamp quotes, and the track gain is already enabled by default (AFAIK), I guess no real use for the accurate replay gain then at the moment.

Reply #5
No, I mean that LAME's replaygain tag is only for track gain (i.e. no album gain), and it's not supported by anything. You'll have to use either foobar2000's RG scanner, or mp3gain.

Reply #6
Most sources advise against using -h as it provides a negligible increase in quality at best and might even cause quality to decline in some situations.

Reply #7
can anyone just confirm if the line with accurate gain switch is written properly, thanks. if not, can you write it down properly, i only need that, thank you.

Reply #8
can anyone just confirm if the line with accurate gain switch is written properly, thanks. if not, can you write it down properly, i only need that, thank you.
::

... confirmed!

::

Reply #9
not supported by any player yet;

AFAIK in_mad plugin for Winamp supports it; at least there's an option in its preferences.

Reply #10
thanks Surfi, everyone.

btw., i thought this was the replay gain option in winamp:

Reply #12
Most sources advise against using -h as it provides a negligible increase in quality at best and might even cause quality to decline in some situations.

when i was composing that line and asking for help everyone was suggesting it, i guess things have changed? ;-). anyway, it sounds fine for now. if i notice sth wrong, i'll throw it out.

Reply #13
...which does not read the data you're wasting your time and cpu cycles creating.

then why is it there at all, what does it read if not the replay gain? i haven't started creating anything yet, just wanted to make sure if i knew the line right, just in case.

Reply #14
LAME writes RG info to a so called LAME header. Winamp can read RG info from tags but doesn't read it from LAME header.

So --replaygain-accurate option is almost useless and it's better to use --noreplaygain.

Reply #16
i see, nice info for me. thanks again to all :-)

Reply #17
I use --replaygain-accurate when I transcode my FLAC library to MP3. My transcoding script then reads the values and copies them to TXXX/replaygain_track_gain and TXXX/replaygain_track_peak frames.

I wish the developers of LAME would wake up and simply write these values to ID3v2 frames. It makes little sense to continue offering RG capability in the encoder when no applications have come on board to support reading the values where they're being stored.

Reply #19
Track gain is ideal on my portable players, where I typically listen to playlists and random mixes.

Reply #20
I hate to admit it but I like to put my DAP on shuffle. For me album gain is still superior to track gain. Quiet tracks in the context of an album work better when they remain quiet relative to other tracks when shuffling.

Reply #21
I find exactly the opposite. I prefer the closer volume matching of track gain, even when listening to albums on a portable. But that may also have to do with where I use my portable players, which is only in the gym when I'm on a treadmill or bike, where I can't be bothered fiddling with the volume and the quieter tracks aren't loud enough to be heard over the background noise.

When I use ReplayGain on my home system, I have album gain in my FLAC library and use it when listening to albums.

Reply #22
I guess I'm just an avid fan of dynamic range.

Regarding fidgeting with volume, I have to do that anyway since RG isn't a perfect fit for my ears and my library.