Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Visual Studio 2013-2017 compatibility notice (Read 33704 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Visual Studio 2013-2017 compatibility notice

Reply #50
The ATL helpers piece of the SDK requires WTL. This is documented in the SDK readme. If you don't need UI stuff you can remove all ATL stuff and all parts from the sample that give errors. But WTL is very simple to install and the zip comes with a readme file that has instructions.

Reply #51
The ATL helpers piece of the SDK requires WTL. This is documented in the SDK readme. If you don't need UI stuff you can remove all ATL stuff and all parts from the sample that give errors. But WTL is very simple to install and the zip comes with a readme file that has instructions.

Oooops...   :-[   I missed the readme and relied only on marc2003 instructions. I'll check it out immediately! Anyway, here's the new thread.
I'm late

Reply #52
Add the WTL (<wtl install path>\include) to the preprocessor header includes paths for both the ATLHelpers and the main foo_sample project files.

The distributed SDK assumes you will simply configure this path into your Visual Studio system-wide default paths every time you freshly install a new Windows machine.