Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Onkyo TX-NR609 only reads ID3 tags from flac files (Read 12774 times) previous topic - next topic

Onkyo TX-NR609 only reads ID3 tags from flac files

Reply #25
I do not have access to the old version readily, if you check in dbpoweramp configuration, the version number for the FLAC decoder + encoder should be not R14, that will show you have the right version installed. Then you should see an option above or below the vorbis comment mapping options to write ID3v2 tags instead of Vorbis comments.

Reply #26
I do not have access to the old version readily, if you check in dbpoweramp configuration, the version number for the FLAC decoder + encoder should be not R14, that will show you have the right version installed. Then you should see an option above or below the vorbis comment mapping options to write ID3v2 tags instead of Vorbis comments.

I installed R13.4 from the link you provided. The decoder dll shows file version 14.3.0.3 and production version 14.0.0.0. The encoder shows file version 14.0.0.1 and production version 14.0.0.1.
The R14.2 install shows decoder dll file version 14.3.0.0 and production version 14.3.0.0. The encoder shows file version 14.2.0.2 and production version 14.2.0.2.

So it appears that R13 and R14 both have the 14 series dll.

This may be the reason there is no option to change to ID3Vx Tag.

What will be the next step?
Regards
PS: I went back to R11.5 and the dll still shows 14.x.x.x. http://www.filehorse.com/download-dbpowera...converter/3423/
Must be something wrong.
PS2: That is only Music converter not ripper. My mistake.
Good Music on 2-Channel
Fight the "loudness" war.
William

Reply #27
R11 uses a different selection of DLLs, the download link I supplied, try renaming to R13.1  or even R12.3  to get an even older version. You do not want to be on the R14 of FLAC as this option was removed.

Reply #28
R11 uses a different selection of DLLs, the download link I supplied, try renaming to R13.1  or even R12.3  to get an even older version. You do not want to be on the R14 of FLAC as this option was removed.

I tried R13.1 and R13 and 12.4. all have dll 12. So I am not searching anymore.
I reinstalled R14.2 reference. Now the track ripped >properties>audio properties shows (1) "contains Album Art, CRC, ID Tag [vorbis comments]". Previous rip track>properties>audio properties showed (2) "contains CD TOC, CRC, ID Tag [vorbis comments]".
Previous EAC rip track >Properties>audio properties shows (3) "contains album Art, CRC, ID Tag [vorbis comments]", which displays track, Time, Artist and Album. Now that (1) is identical to (3), why does (1) not show Artist and Album?
Is there a simple explanation?
regards
William
Good Music on 2-Channel
Fight the "loudness" war.
William

Reply #29
If you had eac to write vorbis comments + idv3v2, it is possible that dbpoweramp would only detect the vorbis comments when showing the contents.