Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9]Rating with Masstagger (Read 51048 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9]Rating with Masstagger

Reply #1
Hi, Your script RatingDown dosen't work! Both Scripts Add +1!?

Reply #2
I reuploaded it. It should now work.

Reply #3
Great! Now it works fine

Reply #4
It of course would be also possible to create extra Scripts for the ratings from 1 to 5. I personally think there is no need for it.

@Tiis: Good to hear, that it works fine for you.

Reply #5
sorry. how do i load up these scripts?

Reply #6
snively:
It's quite easy. Rightclick on a playlistitem. Choose "Tagging" -> "Edit tags". And now you can click "Load from file".

Have a nice evening!

Reply #7
I can use the scrips, but how did you assign the shortcuts to it??

Reply #8
Mr. Happy: Goto "Preferences" -> "General" -> "Keyboard shortcuts" -> "Add new" -> enter in filter list by: "Rating". Now select one of the two scripts and assign in the textbox beneath the shortcut you want to use.

Reply #9
Problem is when I enter "Rating" in 'filter list by' the window below goes empty....  Should I insert the scripts somewhere (or copy them to a specific folder_??

Reply #10
Problem is when I enter "Rating" in 'filter list by' the window below goes empty....  Should I insert the scripts somewhere (or copy them to a specific folder_??
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373824"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should do this first:

snively:
It's quite easy. Rightclick on a playlistitem. Choose "Tagging" -> "Edit tags". And now you can click "Load from file".

Have a nice evening!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373535"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #11
Since there is no more quicktag I decided to build my own Masstagger scripts.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373263"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is the above mean that there isn't the slimest chances for quicktag?!

Reply #12
While the scripts are simple enough, I think it's simpler this way:

RatingDown - Replace 0 with whatever minimum rating you want
Code: [Select]
$max(0,$sub($if2(%RATING%,3),1))

RatingUp - Replace 6 with whatever maximum rating you want
Code: [Select]
$min(6,$add($if2(%RATING%,3),1))

Reply #13
They also look nice. Mine got complicated, since I had to work around a problem, when there was no ratingtag.

Do your scripts work with unrated files?

Reply #14
They also look nice. Mine got complicated, since I had to work around a problem, when there was no ratingtag.

Do your scripts work with unrated files?

Yep  They default to 3 in this case.

Reply #15
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373824"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should do this first:

snively:

Have a nice evening!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373535"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't seem to get this to work either, I load the file then what am I supposed to do? Under tagging > scripts all mine ever says is [last used], am I supposed to see RatingUp in there too?

Reply #16
Have you clicked "Load from file"?

Reply #17
Yeah, right clicked on a file tagging > edit tags then load from file and this is what I get:

Like I said I never have seen anything other than last used in the dropdown box.

Reply #18
nice done.
id like to edit your script, in order to tag my files with "album_rating", but it doesnt work if i change the %rating% into %album_rating%, any ideas?

Reply #19

Yeah, right clicked on a file tagging > edit tags then load from file and this is what I get:

Like I said I never have seen anything other than last used in the dropdown box.

Ah, now I see. You have to write "Rating +1" or "Rating -1" down, where "last used" is written. Then you have to click "save". Now you have to repeat it for the second script.

Does this solve your problems?

nice done.
id like to edit your script, in order to tag my files with "album_rating", but it doesnt work if i change the %rating% into %album_rating%, any ideas?

Should work. Have you pressed the "save"-button after applying the changes?

Reply #20
yes, when i did it, it writes the whole code-expression you use in these scripts into my properties field: album_rating.

the rating of single files goes well.

Reply #21
I think I know, whats going wrong. I'll post tomorrow. I'm quite busy right now.

What you could try. Copy the expression and click "Clear", then "Add". Now play around

Reply #22

Ah, now I see. You have to write "Rating +1" or "Rating -1" down, where "last used" is written. Then you have to click "save". Now you have to repeat it for the second script.

Does this solve your problems?
Yes it does, although I would have never thought of doing that. Thanks.

Reply #23
Good!

@generalverdacht: Have you also suceeded?

Reply #24
unfortunatly not...