Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple FLAC to one MP3+Cuesheet with CD-TEXT? (Read 2704 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple FLAC to one MP3+Cuesheet with CD-TEXT?

I have several albums in the FLAC format that I want to convert to MP3 for portable use, but thee albums in question have tracks that segue together and since MP3 is not gapless (nor is much hardware), hearing that split-second gap during a concert or DJ mix certainly is bad. My question is: How do I transcode the folder full of FLAC to a single MP3 _and_ create a Cuesheet (*.cue) file that corresponds to that MP3, containing all of the correct track & artist titles that are in each of the tags in the FLAC files?

It seems like the simplest approach is just burning a CD-RW or whatnot from the FLACs, then ripping into the single MP3+cue via EAC. :-(

Thanks very much.

Reply #1
You can use the most awesome program ever!!!, It does everything except rescue endangered animals (and i'm not so sure)!!!.

Seriously though, Foobar2000. It can convert those FLACs wether they are an image file or separate files, into one mp3 image and create a CUE file.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #2
You can use the most awesome program ever!!!, It does everything except rescue endangered animals (and i'm not so sure)!!!.

Seriously though, Foobar2000. It can convert those FLACs wether they are an image file or separate files, into one mp3 image and create a CUE file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347226"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How do I go about doing this? I never done it before... :-|

Reply #3
Dowload Foobar2000 from here, then  put lame.exe in your foobar directory, Foobar's Converter already comes with presets for lame, then select the tracks you want to turn into an image, right-click them and select Convert > Convert to album images with cuesheets or chapters. Voila!
we was young an' full of beans