Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: external compression with lame (Read 2703 times) previous topic - next topic

external compression with lame

I'm a begginer at this stuff. I really like the eac for copying cd's, but I use the itunes library. When I send the songs to itunes, they are in wav format. I can convert them to aac in there, but I can't get LAME to do it before they get there. I'm sure there must be a better way to do this.

Reply #1
I recently was told about multi frontend (http://members.home.nl/w.speek/multi.htm) and its a great frontend for lame. Download it then download lame. Put lame.exe in the same folder as multi frontend. Then you can encode the WAVs to MP3.

Though that needs you to know some of the LAME commands. Youll be best off using --alt-preset standard, which you can choose on a dropdown list, but if you want CBR and other things similar try Razorlame. It is also a frontend. I find it a bit easier for not using the command line at all.
And if you believe theres not a chance to die...

Reply #2
I do not think you wil ever get LAME to create AAC files.  It creates MP3 files. 
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #3
I do not think you wil ever get LAME to create AAC files.  It creates MP3 files.  
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348454"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I want i t to create mp3. All I can do with them in itunes is create aac