Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Easiest (or dummy-friendliest) way to swap L-R channels on Linux (Read 2581 times) previous topic - next topic

Easiest (or dummy-friendliest) way to swap L-R channels on Linux

It all started with my first having to physically swap my bookshelf speakers (it's an amped Microlab 1C set and the knob controls being now on the left hand side make up for a much better setup, ergonomically speaking) - so the obvious "swap the speakers" suggestion is out of question.

My knowledge on my PC's Linux Mint 20.2 audio interface going only as far as knowing ALSA is the audio server (but without being sure whether PulseAudio is running alongside it), I wonder whether the easiest way to go about it would be via configuring ALSA itself or whether I'd need something like JACK (plus, say, a LADSPA plugin) for the only and one sole purpose of getting Deadbeef audio player (plus the web browser, for streaming) to swap my L - R channels - that's all.

Edit: as it's a machine for personal use, it doesn't matter whether the solution would apply to my own user level or system-wide - as long as it is a simple one and it doesn't involve too many layers of expertise to get to it as the handful I've found so far seem to do.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Re: Easiest (or dummy-friendliest) way to swap L-R channels on Linux

Reply #2
turn your chair around

Reply #3
Are the speakers connected to your PC via analog? If so, just swap the L/R connections at rear of "master" speaker.

I'm looking at that speaker and only see analog input:
http://microlab.com/en/catalog/stereosystem/mains-connection/wired/solo-1c/
DOh! A simple case of over complicated stupidity!
Got both so used to headphone listening and so entangled with the system config hadn't even spared a thought for that.
União e reconstrução

Reply #4
turn your chair around
Stop it! You're killing me!
União e reconstrução

Reply #6
https://superuser.com/questions/59481/how-to-swap-stereo-channels-in-ubuntu
There are even two solutions - one entailing fiddling with config files, the other bypassing it altogether. If not useful to me anymore, pretty sure they will be to whomever needs them later on.

Thanks, @birdie.
União e reconstrução