Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does foobar2000 support apple carplay? (Read 4451 times) previous topic - next topic

Does foobar2000 support apple carplay?

Does foobar2000 support apple carplay?  If not, will it be a feature in the near future?

Re: Does foobar2000 support apple carplay?

Reply #1
Hello together,

is there any support planned?

Would be awesome to have car play support, since it becomes more and more popular around iPhones!

Thanks

Reply #2
Cool, you actually have to request special entitlements and agree to special terms just to even start working on CarPlay support.

Reply #3
As far as I can see, there is no other music app in the App Store which could be compared to FB2k. Since the current version with its interface is really good, the music can be easily put to the iPhone / accessed via FTP, FB2k supports gapless playback, there is not much missing 😀 at all.

So CarPlay support would be massive! 👍🏻

Thanks a lot
Stefan

Reply #4
Anything on the roadmap here yet?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Reply #5
Cool, you actually have to request special entitlements and agree to special terms just to even start working on CarPlay support.

And as well you should for any automotive application. No junk on CarPlay, please.

Anything on the roadmap here yet?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

I don’t want to put words in Peter’s mouth, but I’ll eat my hat if this happens. There’s a high barrier of entry for CarPlay apps, and no real incentive for Peter to do the work.

Can I ask, what features do you need that are not currently supported by the default Music app?

Reply #6
Can I ask, what features do you need that are not currently supported by the default Music app?

I really like the possibility of foobar2000 mobile (iOS) to play music located on an FTP server (NAS) and to be able to directly download complete albums from there (to play locally).

With wireless CarPlay there is no need to get the phone out of the pocket, but since it is not supported yet, I have to get the phone out of the pocket and select the tracks to play manually on the phones touchscreen (instead of the in car touchscreen / knobs). So with CarPlay I can remote control the iPhone, but only with supported apps.

Reply #7
I use the iTunes Match feature which uploads all my music to iTunes (or whatever it’s called now). From there I can download what ever albums or playlists I like. All within the default app.

Just a suggestion 👍

Reply #8
I use the iTunes Match feature which uploads all my music to iTunes (or whatever it’s called now). From there I can download what ever albums or playlists I like. All within the default app.

Just a suggestion 👍

Thanks, I thought about that as well, but I read that this broke several users music archive and also Apple does part of downgrade the quality of some tracks (lossless to AAC 256).

I did it the other way around, I installed a VPN profile on my mobile and am able to connect to my NAS at home at all time when I am out. In foobar2000 (iOS) I can stream (connection to FTP Server) all original lossless (FLAC/ALAC) files without any problem.

It is just that I have to do it all on the phone instead of the integration in Apple CarPlay.
This is how it VOX player did, you can look through your library and filter by Albums or Artists etc.