Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Capturing/recording streaming audio (Read 2742 times) previous topic - next topic

Capturing/recording streaming audio

Hey
What program will allow me to record and convert to mp3 or wma audio in flash from websites?
thanks!

Reply #1
Hey
What program will allow me to record and convert to mp3 or wma audio in flash from websites?
thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341271"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

First thing you have to do is to get the .swf file on your hard drive. To do that, I view the source of the .html page ( view-page source ), search for ".swf" to locate the file, and past the URL (completed with the one in the address bard) to any download manager. (putting it again on the browser just lets you see it again).

From this point onwards, i would try opening it in macromedia flash and see if you can save the audio appart. I don't think a direct converter exists.

Reply #2
With most soundcards you can record into any audio recording program by properly configuring the soundcard mixer. For some soundcards this means the Windows mixer where you must go to the recording section and select 'what you hear' or some similar label, depending upon the OS. Then in the recording program you select that input source.

For any of the many soundcards that have their own control panel/mixer applet, you must configure according to the manufacturer's instructions then again chose that as the recording source.

There are also a number of helper applications that take care of a everything sort-of behind the scenes. One is called Total Recorder from http://www.highcriteria.com/
another is called something like 'Virtual Audio Cables'

To those who run this web site. This exact question appears at least one a week. Can't there be a nice permanent note to which all the questioner's can be easily referred, possiblu with enough detail to unconfuse most beginners?