Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DAC use and Pc speakers at the same time (Read 4199 times) previous topic - next topic

DAC use and Pc speakers at the same time

I have a Prodigy Cube that I use between my PC and my receiver and it works great. What I would like to know is how can I set my PC to hear my PC speakers and still have my receiver playing at the same time.

Reply #1
Maybe Virtual Audio Cable can do that.

P.S.
It would be a LOT easier to "split" the analog output from the DAC with a couple of Y-adapters and send that audio to your computer speakers as well as wherever else it's going.  (If everything is physically close and that's otherwise practical for you).

Reply #2
I thank you DVD Doug for your input. I need to be more clear as to my problem. I have to change settings in Media Player from my Cube to my Realtek to be able to E-mails and any other voice coming from my PC. This  means I have to change the settings and then reboot to hear any messages or anything else from my PC. This is a pain in the neck and I was hoping to be able to hear incoming messages and turn down my receiver till the message was over. Maybe I am asking too much of what my computer can do.

Reply #3
Hi Dakota Doug,

I use an external DAC connected via USB.  I set the default audio device in Windows to the PC speakers (driven by the internal audio chip) and I have set up foobar2000 to use WASAPI output directly to the DAC.

Music played in foobar goes to the external DAC and all other audio goes to the PC speakers.  Hope this helps.

Desirider.

Reply #4
Hi Dakota Doug,

I use an external DAC connected via USB.  I set the default audio device in Windows to the PC speakers (driven by the internal audio chip) and I have set up foobar2000 to use WASAPI output directly to the DAC.

Music played in foobar goes to the external DAC and all other audio goes to the PC speakers.  Hope this helps.

Desirider.

THANKS ALOT FOR THAT INFO. THAT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I'M IN THE TALL COTTON NOW. THAT WORKS GREAT.