Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_projectM (Read 28658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_vis_projectM

Reply #25
This is a really nice plugin, but somehow the mentioned shortkeys under the github page not working in foobar2000.
Right clicking changes the current visualization and it seems only some of the Shift + <key> shortcuts are working too.

Reply #26
K33pSm1l1ng
The only thing implemented is right mouse button click - switch to next preset.

Reply #27
Thank you for porting this. It works great and looks amazing at 4k. I do have one suggestion if at all possible: to add a hotkey to lock the current visualization. What happens is, I will see a really nice one but then it changes automatically to something not as nice. So a lock feature would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Reply #28
It works well here.

Is there a way to transfer my old presets from Schpeck/Winamp Milkdrop to this new ProjectM? How can you access the ProjectM settings etc? Where are the ProjectM presets stored?

Reply #29
It works well here.

Hi darkflame23 !
Good to read this)

Is there a way to transfer my old presets from Schpeck/Winamp Milkdrop to this new ProjectM? How can you access the ProjectM settings etc? Where are the ProjectM presets stored?

Presets are stored here: "C:\Users\<user>\Application Data\foobar2000\user-components\foo_vis_projectM\presets".
I don't know about presets compatibility (are old presets working with current version or not).

Reply #30
Thank you for porting this. It works great and looks amazing at 4k. I do have one suggestion if at all possible: to add a hotkey to lock the current visualization. What happens is, I will see a really nice one but then it changes automatically to something not as nice. So a lock feature would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.
Hi vladim1r !) Thanks for feedback!
I'll take this into account when I'll make a new version.

Reply #31
Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the visualizations? I end up with a lot of visualizations that seem to be unaffected by the music at all, or have only a very small effect. Static single-color screens, very small squiggles in the very center of the screen, etc. Many of visuals are very nice, but have very little difference between Pause and Play... :(

Reply #35
iridescentaudio, GM_Prod
You can always check official build.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1358800/projectM_Music_Visualizer/

The last time I tried this it also didn't work, however, after trying it again yesterday an update was downloaded, which included the Microsoft C++ Redistributable. Now it works! So that's progress.
I've since restarted my system and also downloaded a fresh portable copy of the latest foobar2000 for testing, installing only this component. I was optimistic that it would work, but unfortunately it still isn't working. It isn't essential that I use projectM within foobar2000 since it'll pick up sound from foobar2000 either way, but it would be nice to cut out the Steam middleman.

Reply #36
however, after trying it again yesterday an update was downloaded, which included the Microsoft C++ Redistributable. Now it works! So that's progress.
C++ runtime is 100% not a reason.

Reply #37
IS THERE A FIX FOR MY PROBLEM? It's been two weeks since I've posted a report.

EDIT: If no, how do I install the Steam version in foobar2000?

Reply #38
Hi
Is it use the ancient MilkDrop visualiser or using the latest avaliable one the MilkDrop 2.25c?
Regards
szabi

Reply #39
Just released a new version 0.0.2.

Built from latest projectM source tree.
https://github.com/projectM-visualizer/projectm

Some options added (press right mouse button to show menu).

All presets & textures from "Cream of the Crop" database added (9,795 Milkdrop presets).
https://thefulldomeblog.com/2020/02/21/nestdrop-presets-collection-cream-of-the-crop/
Database is ~120 Mb in size.

Project now uses C-API and moved to separate github repository.
https://github.com/djdron/foo_vis_projectM

Grab it here.
Or just update it inside foobar2000.

Reply #41
You have a context menu bug where you can't access any stand fb2k element commands when layout editing mode is enabled. This means once you've added it, it's impossible to remove from a layout without uninstalling the component...

You need to add code something like this to your OnContextMenu...

Code: [Select]
if (m_callback->is_edit_mode_enabled()) {
SetMsgHandled(FALSE);
return;
}

Reply #42
marc2k3
Thank you for hint.
Also I found another bug - context menu is not visible in full screen mode on one of my computers.

Reply #43
Updated to version 0.0.3

Fixed context menu in layout editing mode.
Fixed crash when switching presets with multiple projectM instances.
Fixed OpenGL objects leaks.

Reply #44
Hello,
on my installations (Windows 7 and 10 PC) projectM not available from "Visualization" submenu section in "Live Editing" mode with a right-click.
Neither in "Preferences" under ColumnsUI -> Layout -> Insert Panel -> Visualisations.
Only under View -> Visualizations in the menu bar it is selectable as an additional window.

Reply #45
Because Columns UI is not supported.
It's discussed in this topic, vote for support on CUI github)

Reply #46
Oh, I must have missed that probably because of my temporary lack of understanding of the abbreviations CUI & DUI.
Is there support for CUI planned for it or is it out of your responsibility/control?

Sorry, I don't understand everything as English is not my first language.

Reply #47
Oh, I must have missed that probably because of my temporary lack of understanding of the abbreviations CUI & DUI.
Is there support for CUI planned for it or is it out of your responsibility/control?

It's not planned, I hope developers of CUI will just add support to insert standard UI elements.

Reply #48
Without support for CUI, it is basically difficult to get more users, of course, the developer is not obliged to support it...

Reply #49
Is there any stats how many foobar2000 users use Columns UI?
I even didn't heard about it while someone reported that projectM plugin not works with it.