Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Waveform Minibar (mod) (Read 111238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Waveform Minibar (mod)

Reply #375
Any way to add back in the feature from the original component that lets you see all of the channels?

Reply #376
No.

Reply #377
separate channels view would be nice. otherwise I stick with old foobar2000 :(

Reply #379
There's a component called WSH Panel (foo_uie_wsh_panel). It is windows script host, but its default function was (before _mod version) a simple seekbar that was filling with color during playback. But the main and only important thing it has over all seekbars - it shows cursor time position while seeking, total time and current bitrate (for variable) and also artist and title. If you can add at least current time position - that would be awesome and I will no longer need that outdated component that won't be updated anyway.
Listen to WMRI...

Reply #380
Would it ever be possible to have the normalize setting but for album gain? As in, the loudest points on the album will always be peaking on the seekbar, contrary to how the normalize setting will be peaking on the seekbar for the loudest points on each track.

Reply #381
I would love to see a moodbar feature sometime as well.

Reply #382
What I just noticed. When player is stopped, I can still click and move the "playhead" in your minibar, and upon release it starts playback.
THIS IS AWESOME BEHAVIOUR. So thanks for your addon and all the best wishes.

Reply #383
Feature request:

- 0.5 second mouse wheel notch seek.

I do not know if it is possible, but how about totalizer time display such as elapsed/remaining/total down to hundredths of a second?

Reply #384
Feature request:

- 0.5 second mouse wheel notch seek.

Just to expand on the 0.5 second mouse wheel notch seek request  ;)  As it stands, the smallest usable increment seems to be 1 second and that feels just a bit too coarse.
Next lower setting is 60 milliseconds or 0.006 seconds which is way too small an increment.

A good option would to be include centiseconds as an option in the drop down list (i.e. 1/100th of a second). This way we get 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 second notch seek using the existing drop down list of increments.

- Thanks

Reply #386
The scroll wheel selection has been a silly oversight. Uploaded a new version to the repository that offers better options.

Reply #387
The scroll wheel selection has been a silly oversight. Uploaded a new version to the repository that offers better options.
I take it that's not available for fb2k v1?
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #388
Thanks for the update today, Case.   8)

Reply #389
I take it that's not available for fb2k v1?
The component description page contained obsolete information. I updated it now, though it still lies a bit. The component works on foobar2000 v1.5 if the user has Windows 7 and CPU supports SSE2 instructions. I set minimum version to 1.6 so XP users won't get incompatible version with auto update.

Initially all my x64 and dark mode enabled components used non-public SDK that created pure foobar2000 2.0 supporting components that couldn't run on anything older. The components were converted to foobar2000 v2.0 mode a long time ago when the plan was that 2.0 would only be released as x64 version and wouldn't run legacy components.

But as things stand now the current SDK can create components that work on foobar2000 v1.5 and v1.6 and there's even a way to downgrade foobar2000 v2.0 SQLite-based configuration settings back to 1.x .cfg files. So I reworked all my components to only use pure 2.0 mode on 64-bit foobar2000 and use the 1.x compatible mode on 32-bit foobar2000. And the 32-bit components will import the SQLite config so no data should be lost in transition.

Unfortunately I can't maintain XP compatibility with these hybrid components. Not only doesn't compiling the SDK work on XP-supporting Visual Studio out of the box but the SDK uses Windows API features that just aren't present on anything older than Windows Vista.

Reply #390
So I reworked all my components to only use pure 2.0 mode on 64-bit foobar2000 and use the 1.x compatible mode on 32-bit foobar2000. And the 32-bit components will import the SQLite config so no data should be lost in transition.
That's fantastic, thanks.  It seems to me to represent the gold standard.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #391

Many thanks for updating such a great component. Waveform Minibar represents the gold standard of seekbars :-)

Reply #393
Not that you need to give one but I'm curious as to what the reason is. No interest in the feature or is it some sort of technical hurdle?

We've been through this a number of times now. Case is not interested.
Last year Zao talked about looking into a rebuild of his original component but it's obviously quite a bit of work.

Reply #394
Thanks for your response! I was actually just reading the very first page of posts from this thread and saw someone asking for it. Came back here to edit my post to say "never mind" but your post was already here. I guess I'll just have to stick with the old component for now. Thanks again!

Reply #395
Last year Zao talked about looking into a rebuild of his original component but it's obviously quite a bit of work.
Sneaking a bit off topic but still touching an audience that might care:

I did some tech exploration for a "v2" Waveform Seekbar there in October where I was trying all sorts of neat stuff like a more capable UI library, more customization of seekbar effects without having to touch shader code, and bringing it up to current supported graphics APIs and OS releases.

That ended up stuck in the mists of design and I stashed it away - instead doing a more straightforward port of the project which just targeted D3D11 effects in legacy mode. That prototype port handles the default effects fine and seems to run well on all platforms, but the work needed to ship and support it and the multitude of existing effects that users have authored puts it in "maybe someday" territory.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #397
Have a good day,

The Waveform Minibar is a very good component. I'm used to it.

I learned my lesson a bit and enabled full file buffering in the preview version of foobar2000.

I often play from the internet and send my music via UPNP to Foobar2000 (UPnP/DLNA Renderer component). I thought I would take a look at the data flow. Full file buffering works, tracks are downloaded from the internet and then played without any problems. However, the data bypass corresponds to twice the size of the song. I assume Foobar2000 reads the data into full file buffering and Waveform Minibar reads the data separately for waveform.

Couldn't the Waveform Minibar component use the data from full file buffering if this is active?

Best regards PES

Reply #398
Super low priority request but it would be cool if tooltips were light/dark depending on UI settings.

that will be awsome to match the UI better, but an option to disable the tooltips will be great too!
hope this can be happend in next update!

MOD edit: Improper quote fixed

Reply #399
This is almost the perfect component only thing missing is the option to have separated Left and Right channel waveforms same as the good old component offered.
PC - Teac UD-505 - Adam Audio A4V - DCA ÆON Open X
Samsung S23 Ultra 512GB - Fiio UTWS5 - TinHifi P1 Max.