Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMA/ASF won't play (Read 619 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA/ASF won't play

Hello, I recently extracted the audio part of a speech video in .wmv. I did it with VLC converter & which saved it as a .asf file. Both VLC & Windows Media Player play the file OK, but foobar2000 won't play it, no matter if I rename the extension to .wma or not, the console always says:

Decoding failure at 0:00.000 (IWMSyncReader::GetNextSample failed : Unknown error code (0xC00D002F)):
"C:\Users\User\Desktop\a.asf"

F2K's website says wma is supported, so I tried to google a solution (I installed Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package_x64 for instance) but it didn't work & I am running out of luck.

Does anyone have a clue on how to make F2K play wma files ?

The final goal is to convert the speech to Opus someday. So I guess I could just use Itunes to convert WMA to WAV PCM ... but I would rather use F2K, than being forced to install Itunes.

I am on foobar2000 1.4 beta 3 + windows 10 1709 (classic family edition) & in F2K/preference/decoding both WMA decoder & WMA stream decoder are there.

Thks.

Re: WMA/ASF won't play

Reply #1
Can you please share the file? Emailing to webmaster@foobar2000.org should work.

Thanks.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.