Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 220093 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

Reply #350
It's not possible.

Yes, it seems. It will be simple by other way: to have an entry in text-related context menu (below "copy, paste, delete"), for example, "Send selected text to Facets". But it's missing, too.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #351
if you could live with using a button, it can be done with WSH panel mod. download the component here and add a panel to your layout...

https://code.google.com/p/foo-wsh-panel-mod/downloads/list

now import the sample named SimpleThemedButton.txt

find and replace this...
Code: [Select]
$buttons = {
    Console: new SimpleButton(5, 5, 80, 26, "Console", function () {
        fb.ShowConsole();
    }),
    Configure: new SimpleButton(5, 40, 80, 26, "Configure", function () {
        window.ShowConfigure();
    })
}

with
$buttons = {
    search: new SimpleButton(5, 5, 80, 26, "Search", function () {
        var sel = fb.GetFocusItem();
        if (!sel)
            return;
        var title = fb.TitleFormat("$left(%title%,15)").EvalWithMetadb(sel);
        fb.CreateAutoPlaylist(plman.PlaylistCount, "Search...", "title HAS " + title);
        plman.ActivePlaylist = plman.PlaylistCount - 1;
    })
}

edited code so it always works on the selected item. the previous version preferred the playing track....

var sel = fb.IsPlaying ? fb.GetNowPlaying() : fb.GetFocusItem();

foo_quicksearch

Reply #352
Woow... Thank you very much!

And with this plugin I can customize foobar more deeply. Nice!

foo_quicksearch

Reply #353
Works great. 2 questions, if you have time to help:
1. Is there a way to place this button not on tab, but near the menus anywhere? Like the Play, Pause... buttons.
2. How to modify the code, to allways reuse the created autoplaylist? Because, interesting, after every new search it creats a new one, with the same name ("Search").

foo_quicksearch

Reply #354
Are we not getting off topic?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #356
I am happy to release a new version of the now defunct quicksearch toolbar.
This new version has been made for foobar V1.x and is compatible with both DUI and CUI.
It can be downloaded here and provides with new features such as autoplaylist generation, full customization of the context menu, .... and improved performances.
Please check this page for help and additional information.

It utilizes the Windows Imaging Component which is included in Windows XP SP3 or higher and in .NET 3.0.
The WIC can also be downloaded here separately.

How can one send the double clicked result to the current playlist. I see you can target a playlist, but I want to target the currently open one and not a specific one.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #357
Just to report. If you use Windows 10 you will see that if you put pointer over icon, icon turns to green, this is because icon is transparent, and in combination with white background, becomes green. Previously it was blue on win 7. This looks ugly. So i edit dll with resource hacker, and i fix this. But shouldn't we get update?
Something is different in windows 10, that
cause this.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #358
foo_quicksearch: How can I see the source playlist for any entry appearing in the quicksearch results?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #359
You can't

foo_quicksearch

Reply #360
How can one send the double clicked result to the current playlist. I see you can target a playlist, but I want to target the currently open one and not a specific one.

You can't

foo_quicksearch

Reply #361
I often know a title is in one or more playlists present.
So I use foo_uie_quicksearch to search all playlists.
Then I play the title and feel happy. 

But.... In which playlist(s) is it present ??
I've checkt the documentation and could not find a answer.

Question:
If I search for something (Search In > All Playlists), how can I show the playlist name(s) in an extra column (foo_ui_column)?

Thanks for reading, hope someone knows the answer.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #362
the answer is two posts above yours

foo_quicksearch

Reply #363
Thank you and shame on me!

Re: foo_quicksearch

Reply #364
WHY doesn't foo_quicksearch enable you to see or go to the source playlist for any result entry?  Is there some fundamental limitation in the Foobar SDK?  Is the developer of the component just unwilling to make it happen?  Not being able to know the source playlist makes this component half-baked, IMO.

Reply #365
This is a really great component. And very happy to see that the developer is also around, answering questions. I'm wondering, do you guys have a donate option anywhere? Some of the components I've found around here are super useful :).

Reply #366
I do find jlware's wording a tad problematic (we're talking about free extra feature components for a free media player here, developed by other enthusiasts in their spare time...)... but I too would find a 'show-whichplaylist-it's-in' feature very helpful for the quicksearch component.

Churs.
c.

Reply #367
I apologize to all for any perceived rudeness in my previous remarks. I am just very frustrated with this issue. I'm clearly not alone here in wanting the feature. Foobar2000 is a staple utility for me. And not being able to know the source location of each result from a search, is well, hard to tolerate, in any application.

Reply #368
I agree that it would be a nice feature jlware :).

NEMO7538 you did some pretty cool stuff with this component. Please tell me how I can send some appreciation your way. I'm re-hauling my Foobar UI and this component of yours will allow me to do some pretty damn awesome stuff :D.

Reply #369
Given the fact that I use no less than 11 (eleven) QuickSearch toolbars in my Foobar UI, it would be:

- SUPER COOL if we could set a keyboard shortcut for activating an individual QuickBar. This would mean that each QuickBar has a "name" property so that they can be identified in the Preferences menu.

- Really great if the QuickBars could be resized to less than 120 px, which seems to be the current limitation.

Reply #370
Given the fact that I use no less than 11 (eleven) QuickSearch toolbars in my Foobar UI...
Why do you need to use 11 foo_quicksearch toolbars instead of just one?

Reply #371
They search in different Meta tags. I have 10 special Meta Tags that define a song's style (3 tags for instrumentals, 2 tags for vocals, 2 tags for lyrics, 3 different scoring tags :D ). I am slowly processing all my favorite songs and adding this information for them. In this way, I am able to fine-tune musical selections based on styles, moods and lots of parameters. I need to be able to search for these values independently. And yes, I know that I can do it with query syntax but it is NOT CONVENIENT. I would much rather press CTRL + 4 and type a few letters rather than typing all the query syntax.

Reply #372
Two things come to my mind. There's a good chance most of those tags could be merged into just one or two. I'd imagine most values don't overlap so even if they are stored in the same tag the search results would remain the same using a single tag. Also if you are using a lot of combinations of tags/values in general, I feel you'd be better off using Facets or Columns UI filter panels instead (while saving quicksearch for uncommon lookups). Have you tried them?

Reply #373
... I am slowly processing all my favorite songs and adding this information for them. In this way, I am able to fine-tune musical selections based on styles, moods and lots of parameters. I need to be able to search for these values independently...
This reminds me when I started that same process a few years ago (15k tracks, mostly of classical music and jazz, with many info added about performers, instruments, catalogue numbers, and so on).
After a little thinking I decided that I had to find the way to do the tagging while I was listening to music sitting on my armchair (a LA Z Boy) or around the house without having to sit in front of the PC. And so I did, thank to a setup with an RF remote control + Girder + Masstagger + FB keyboard shortcuts. And the system still works today!
Goog work!

Reply #374
Daeron: I am using ColumnsUI. And I want to keep the tags separated. I have good reasons for that. My range of tags is quite extensive. I don't expect to finish this anytime soon. But slowly but surely... :)

Anyway, does anybody know if it is possible for "Quicksearch for same" to work ONLY on the current playlist rather than the entire media library?