Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

How much would you donate ?

2 €
[ 17 ] (15.7%)
5 €
[ 12 ] (11.1%)
10 €
[ 29 ] (26.9%)
15 €
[ 10 ] (9.3%)
20 €
[ 21 ] (19.4%)
25 €
[ 1 ] (0.9%)
30 €
[ 4 ] (3.7%)
35 €
[ 0 ] (0%)
40 €
[ 1 ] (0.9%)
50 €
[ 13 ] (12%)

Total Members Voted: 305

Topic: How much would you donate for a new PC for Frank ? (Read 9797 times) previous topic - next topic

How much would you donate for a new PC for Frank ?

[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Ok, Ok, I'm on the phone now !! Hold it, hold it, its enough  .....[/span]

Hi,

as the thread i put up in the MPC General section, as usual, is more frequented by AAC and Vorbis users than MPC users actually answering my original question, i decided to put up this poll

Please dont 'vote' if you dont have any plans to really do so, once we really could get this started.

Again, there is a pretty high probability he will just say 'NO' ! But i won't ask him before i know there is a realistic chance we get the necessary money collected, because i honestly dont want to make a fool of myself. Just imagine what happened if he said yes, and then we dont get it done  ....

Some more background information on why i think this could be a solution :

Frank's PC is out of order. Its certainly not like he didnt have the money to repair it ,no. But you maybe know this feeling :
There is something you have to do, say repair the car, but you cant find your toolbox anymore. This is all so frustrating, as you know its a lot of work and even the first necessity to start working on it is missing, you decide to take the bus instead ......

My hope is, that with a new, fully setup PC for him we could

- give him the 'tool' to actually start coding again

- provide him with a toy 'as-nice-or-nicer' than his DVD player

- show him that we REALLY do care about his work, and appreciate it a lot what he has done

- honest guy as he is, he wont accept the PC without giving anything in return to us
Now, please start voting  .....