Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to reduce bass on Amazon MP3s? (Read 4119 times) previous topic - next topic

How to reduce bass on Amazon MP3s?

Now that I've learned the basics of REACT2, EAC, and FOOBAR I just wanted to say to all those who helped me and especially to those who wrote the programs--THANKS.

These three programs are incredibly versatile and exceptionally nice pieces of software.

To anyone who needs to convert, these three programs are probably better than anything you could buy. Just give them a chance and stick with it. Once you get the ini/cfg files down in REACT + EAC, you'll love it.

Thanks again for all involved.

Now I have a practical question:

Sometimes I buy MP3s from Amazon when I only want one or two songs from an artist. the problem is that for some reason Amazon MPs seem to jack the hell out of the bass for their MP3's. Other than that, they are good quality and I have no problem with them. They are even extremely GAIN oriented in that my NERO AAC files ripped with REACT/EAC are the same volume level.

So what is the best way to reduce the 100Mhz and less bass level for these files? I just used Foobar and reduced the three settings using the eq option from 100 and lower Mhz bass by about 7dbs, but I have not tested the files--I have no problem with them on my home system, but my car system sees the bass as way too high. Am I on the right track here?

Thanks a lot too all who participate in this excellent forum!

Reply #1
Is it possible that your car system has the bass boosted in some way, in conformity with the current fashion? I know that every time I come across a new car system, I have to set the tone controls to a frowny-face curve to make it tolerable for me.

Reply #2
Is it possible that your car system has the bass boosted in some way, in conformity with the current fashion? I know that every time I come across a new car system, I have to set the tone controls to a frowny-face curve to make it tolerable for me.

That's probably it, except all of my CD to SD card rips using REAT+EAC are fine. The Amazon files seem to have the bass boosted. However, after I reduced the bass using Foobar they are right in line with my other files from REACT2+EAC.

I then made a CD copy with the same EQ settings and played it on my home stereo. I noticed a reduction of bass, which wasn't good for the home system. Go figure?

Reply #3
Now that I've learned the basics of REACT2, EAC, and FOOBAR I just wanted to say to all those who helped me and especially to those who wrote the programs--THANKS.

These three programs are incredibly versatile and exceptionally nice pieces of software.

To anyone who needs to convert, these three programs are probably better than anything you could buy. Just give them a chance and stick with it. Once you get the ini/cfg files down in REACT + EAC, you'll love it.

Thanks again for all involved.

Now I have a practical question:

Sometimes I buy MP3s from Amazon when I only want one or two songs from an artist. the problem is that for some reason Amazon MPs seem to jack the hell out of the bass for their MP3's. Other than that, they are good quality and I have no problem with them. They are even extremely GAIN oriented in that my NERO AAC files ripped with REACT/EAC are the same volume level.

So what is the best way to reduce the 100Mhz and less bass level for these files? I just used Foobar and reduced the three settings using the eq option from 100 and lower Mhz bass by about 7dbs, but I have not tested the files--I have no problem with them on my home system, but my car system sees the bass as way too high. Am I on the right track here?

Thanks a lot too all who participate in this excellent forum!

i think i know what is Your problem, files could be overdrived, car audio equipment, in most cases can't read gain tags (99.5%), SO they have to be forced . for my alpine and 80gig disc i am using MP3Gain (mp3s AND m4a aac!). this tool is changing the gain values not in tags but inside files (it is reversible however)