Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need some help with a Masstagger script (Read 2534 times) previous topic - next topic

Need some help with a Masstagger script

There are times when the Capitalize function in Properties doesn't work as desired. Suppose a song title contains a hyphen (ie: The Times They Are A-Changin'). When I execute the Capitalize function, it changes the "C" to lower-case; I would prefer it not do that.

As a workaround, I use Masstagger:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%title%,A-changin,A-Changin)

But I am completely lost when I am working with titles containing an apostrophe. The above string will only work if I leave off the apostrophe at the end. But when the apostrophe occurs at the beginning of a word, as in Three O'Clock Blues (which gets changed to Three O'clock Blues after capitalization), I am a loss. I try this:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%title%,O'clock,O'Clock)

But it doesn't work.

Reply #1
Try using the '' (these are two ' characters) for a single '.

Reply #2
Thanks.

I don't know why that worked... but it worked!

Reply #3
It worked because "Help > Title formatting help" says
' (single quotation mark) -- (..) In order to insert a quotation mark character, use '' (two single quotation marks).
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.