Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CueTools will not run on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Dell Laptop (Read 1663 times) previous topic - next topic

CueTools will not run on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Dell Laptop

Downloaded 2.1.6, 2.1.5 when I select the CUETools.exe and CUERipper.exe it will not run.

Tried to launch, and then stops, will not open.

Ideas, I would like to use it.

Thanks

Re: CueTools will not run on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Dell Laptop

Reply #1
I'll assume
* you unpacked the archive and are not trying to run within the .zip file.
* you checked the prerequisites for 2.1.5, 2.1.6 (they may already be on a Win7 machine).

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116289.msg959968.html#msg959968
I've seen this with Win10 and 2.1.7 but wouldn't hurt to check.
korth

Reply #2
"you unpacked the archive and are not trying to run within the .zip file"

I unpacked the zip file and it produced a folder of many files including .exe files.
I tried to open them from that folder.

Reply #3
I checked everything suggested and all looks OK, keep getting message "CueTools has stopped working"

The expanded folder with the .exe files are in the   Downloads\CUETools_2.1.6.zip\CUETools_2.1.6\

EAC worked without any problems.

Thanks

Why won't this work?

Reply #4
Downloads\CUETools_2.1.6.zip\CUETools_2.1.6\
That looks strangely like a .zip file open in explorer rather than the \CUETools_2.1.6 folder extracted from the .zip. Why is \CUETools_2.1.6.zip in the path?
korth

Reply #5
The CueTools folder was extracted from the zip and the folder contains both .exe files.  That folder is in  downloads not on the PC and I can not move those extracted files from the download folder.

I would like to get this to work.

Thanks

Reply #7
Not sure how do this because everything is happening in the download folder.  Windows is not allowing me to move the Zipped folder with all the files from the download folder.  My only option is to run the .exe app from within the Download folder. 

Reply #8
I figured out how to extract from the download folder to the desktop, all file in the folder. 

Eureka, the application launched.