Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.4.4 released (Read 10675 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.4.4 released

Changelog from official site:

Security update: updated Vorbis libraries to 1.2.0
      Fixed a bug in title formatting / $caps2()
      Fixed drag&drop bugs
      Fixed playlist file format detection over mime types

Reply #1
Thanks. Also to the Dev-Crew.

Reply #2
Working just fine so far. I've even noticed a (very)slight drop in memory usage

Reply #3
Thanks for the notice. later

Reply #4
Beware that's the included foo_freedb2.dll is the older version. Get the latest on foosion's page.

Reply #5
If I update means I lose all my settings, columns_ui setup etc?

Reply #7
And only if your profile is not stored in the foobar2000 setup directory.
Ie the file user_profiles_enabled exists in your current foobar2000 main directory

Otherwise be careful to backup the foobar2000.cfg !

Reply #8
So, basically I just backp up my entite foobar folder just in case and install the new version on top of the existing one, right?

Reply #9
So, basically I just backp up my entite foobar folder just in case and install the new version on top of the existing one, right?

Yes, also back up "%APPDATA%\foobar2000" directory.

Reply #10
"just in case" backups are pure paranoia. The installer does not touch your foobar2000.cfg at all.

Regarding the "per-user settings" / "user-profile support" option: just leave it as it is.

And if you have accidentally switched it during setup, you can reset it in the player. Without losing anything.

Reply #12
"just in case" backups are pure paranoia. The installer does not touch your foobar2000.cfg at all.

Thanks, glad to hear that. Everybody's worrying just because there is little additional information or documentation.

Reply #13
Thx.

Reply #14

Regarding the "per-user settings" / "user-profile support" option: just leave it as it is.

And if you have accidentally switched it during setup, you can reset it in the player. Without losing anything.

Not entirely true. foobar2000.exe doesn't have a manifest that specifies the required privileges (for Vista). That means Vista assumes that foobar2000 is not UAC aware and virtualises access to the program files directory (when foobar is launched without admin privileges). Whilst that continues to be true, there is a particular circumstance in which you could lose your settings. The fact that the installer launches foobar2000.exe with admin priviledges doesn't help here (and is otherwise wrong anyway).

Also relevant is the fact that the XP to Vista upgrade process quarantines all .ini files in the program files directory (i.e. including the foobar2000 installer's .ini file). And if you enable user profiles later (on Vista + UAC) without admin priveleges you will end up with the "use_profiles_enabled" file in the VirtualStore directory, ready to wreak havoc at some later date.

Bye

Reply #15
Nice, thanks for the update!
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

Reply #16
Thanks for the update, gonna install in a second.

Just a note to the developers: with every update to foobar, the same question gets asked over and over "will I lose my settings if I update?". For those of us who know we wont, we don't need to be told that we wont, but for others who aren't entirely sure, maybe a notice in the installer that says you wont lose your settings?

Anyways, thanks again *downloads*
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Reply #17
Visualization and DVD-Audio support in this one?

Reply #18
File version says its 0.9.4.3 while foobar core says 0.9.4.4, seems a small typo.

Reply #19
If "just in case" backups are pure paranoia, I'm happy to be a paranoid. The installation of foobar 0.9.4.4 deleted the entire content of my \components\ directory. It haven't touched my .cfg file, but I would've had a hard time to find back all my components.

Anyway, thanks for the update.