Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting MAC to mp3 (Read 3718 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting MAC to mp3

Pretty much just looking for a tool that will straight up convert .ape files to mp3's.  I think shortentool can do this, but i'm kinda looking for something with a decent GUI.

Maybe monkey's frontend can do this, I just don't know how.  If it can, feel free to tell me
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Converting MAC to mp3

Reply #1
I think Monkey's Audio GUI can do this, but you could also do it with my own frontend, Frontah.

Although it's still in beta, but it seems to work very well. Remember to use Frank Klemm's mac.exe to make encoding via stdin/stdout work (without intermediate .wav-file)

Converting MAC to mp3

Reply #2
From the link, it appears that Frank Klemm's build of MAC.EXE is version 3.96.  If you want to use 3.97, there is a build with std in/out by Jason Jordon.  You can get that version and a good GUI for the conversion here:

B)  Speek's Multi frontend:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/multi.htm

Scroll down to the section called 'Binaries' to get the MAC.EXE.

I've been using Speek's Multi frontend for a couple of months now and use it for MP3Gain, WaveGain, Monkey's Audio, LAME encoding, Ogg encoding, Tag tagging... It works great!  And it's free!

Converting MAC to mp3

Reply #3
You could also try Spoon's dBpowerAMP.

Later.
"Did you just say he contacts you through a bird? Did I just hear you say that?" Sonny Valerio (Cliff Gorman). Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.