Skip to main content

Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1197779 times) previous topic - next topic

• Case
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Re: foo_upnp
Reply #2125
Sorry to bring bad news but bubbleguuum has said this project is abandoned.

• grimson
  • [*]
Reply #2126
Sorry to bring bad news but bubbleguuum has said this project is abandoned.
Unfortunately but thanks for the info!

Reply #2127
Hi everybody, this is my first post.
I don't know if this topic has stil some interest (last post more than a year ago) but I make a try because I can't make the thing working even if normally should work.
My aim is simply to play Foobar2000 from my main Windows XP desktop to a DLNA receiver in the kitchen through the wifi network.
The receiver is a DLink Music Everywhere DCH M225, is in the same wifi network and is perfectly running AirPlay and DLNA from a mobile phone. I configured foo_upnp as described on Bubbleguuum main site and as in other internet pages.
Many thanks for the support if still someone use this software.
Alberto

• MojoBass
  • [*]
Reply #2128
Did you try foo_upnp_out, see here? Works well for me.

Reply #2129
Hi, I tried it but it is different in design.

It's only an output to another device, not a real server.
Anyway it didn't work too, there was an errore message. Today I'll try again and I let you know.
Maybe there are some ports to open in the router?

Thanks,
Alberto

• bmcelvan
  • [*][*]
Reply #2130
Hi, I'm not sure if this goes here or in tech support (where I've also posted this). Can someone please tell me and I'll delete accordingly.

I am wondering if there is code that can be used in the foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml file that will essentially not display any mp3 files if there is a flac file of the same song with the same tag and/or same file me (obviously except for the extension).

I have two folders for my music. My (mostly portable) mp3/lossy folder that contains all of the music that I own and my archive quality flac folder (mostly from my Audio CD rips). Over the last 15 years however I have accumulated many mp3s that I don't have a flac for through various purchases, etc.

I'd like to be able to add both folders to my music library however in specific cases, like when playing a genre (I have made a custom "Ben's Hits" genre with about 2100 songs) I'd like to be able to weed out the mp3s if there is a high quality version available. In this specific case it'll keep my "Bens Hits" genre at 2100 versus about 3200 if both copies are included.

My current genre .xml code:

</SubTree>
   <SubTree label="Genres ALL TRACKS">
      <spec type="object.container.genre.musicGenre">%&lt;genre&gt;%</spec>
   </SubTree>

&

<SubTree label="Genres (Artist)">
      <spec type="object.container.genre.musicGenre">%&lt;genre&gt;%</spec>
      <spec type="object.container.person.musicArtist">%artist%</spec>
      <spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%</spec>

• bmcelvan
  • [*][*]
Reply #2131
Hi, I tried it but it is different in design.

It's only an output to another device, not a real server.
Anyway it didn't work too, there was an errore message. Today I'll try again and I let you know.
Maybe there are some ports to open in the router?

Thanks,
Alberto

Alberto...did you ever get this working? A way to check if it is working is setup the server on one PC and then use foobar on another PC to see if you can find the server and play music on the 2nd PC from the 1st foobar music server. Or use the foobar app on an android phone...that will work too. That way you'll know that the foo_upnp server is working before you try to diagnose the DLink.

I personally use the BubbleuPnp app on my phone to play music (and everything else) on my phone or even stream thru my phone from the server to my phone to another destination like my smart TV, my 7.1 receiver connected to my home theater, other computers, my bluray players, etc.

I think there is a free version of BubbleUpnp that you can test out on at least a few songs.