Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error writing track information database files (Read 982 times) previous topic - next topic

Error writing track information database files

Just updated today from Beta 4 to Beta 11. Looks like in Beta 7 transactions were added for NTFS volumes. However, my foobar configuration is stored on a USB drive and apparently transactions aren't supported, so I get this:

Obviously this is a serious problem because I my playcounts and ratings don't get saved (and I wrote a component which utilizes index-data as well).

Is there some way to disable transactions? I can't even roll back to Beta 4 because it's too old, so I'm basically screwed at the moment.

Re: Error writing track information database files

Reply #1
Found the "Enable transacted filesystems operations" checkbox in Advanced settings. Disabling it fixed my problem.

Reply #2
Fixed for the next update (as in you won't have to flip the switch), thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Fixed for the next update (as in you won't have to flip the switch), thanks for reporting.
Awesome, thanks!

FTR, I'm not sure if I was hitting this problem because my index-data is on a USB, or if it's because I'm using a Junction point to locate it there. Either way, everything is good again.

Reply #4
After updating to Beta 17 today I'm running into this issue intermittently. It's happened twice in around 8 hours of listening today (with foo_jesus saving every 45 minutes). Clicking retry makes the popup go away and seemingly writes the data to disk. The "transacted filesystems operations" checkbox is still unchecked.

Edit: Actually this is the error I'm seeing: