Skip to main content

Topic: This is ridiculous: but how do I get Foobar to simply display my audio tracks? (Read 506 times) previous topic - next topic

This is ridiculous: but how do I get Foobar to simply display my audio tracks?
This really is ridiculous...
... As of this evening, when I added a new mp3 file to the hard drive with all of my audio on it, I suddenly have no track list in Foobar. Everything will play, but I have to prompt each track to do so from the drive - ie (G:) > Music > Album > [track 1 - double click]; [then track 2 - double click], etc etc.
I no longer have any display or list in Foobar. It's as if it has suddenly turned into pre-itunes Quicktime or WMP - tracks play perfectly, but each must be launched separately & individually, there is no such thing as a playlist.
Given the trouble I've been having with Foobar since getting my new computer (Foobar is the only software which hasn't 'picked-up from where it left off' in the transfer), should I delete it & reinstall/overwrite etc...? I really would appreciate any thoughts.
God I miss Foobar as it was 2 years ago, it was simple, logical, adaptive & versatile... what happened?

• musicmusic
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Re: This is ridiculous: but how do I get Foobar to simply display my audio tracks?
Reply #1
Where did you download foobar2000 from and how was it installed on your new PC? foobar2000 looks similar to how it did two years ago and certainly still has a playlist. The real desktop version can be found at http://www.foobar2000.org/.

Re: This is ridiculous: but how do I get Foobar to simply display my audio tracks?
Reply #2
I'm pretty certain that's exactly where I downloaded it from (if not then it would have been a suggested mirror from that source). Should I try a re-install do you think? If so, how do I ensure that any current preferences etc (which are clearly not what I want) can be made to go away forever?
If you look at my recent history on this forum you'll see I've been struggling with Foobar for the last few months, even with 'intuitive' things like getting a band's albums to appear in date order etc. I'm sure it's not the new PC, & I'm pretty certain I haven't been recently zapped by some kind of stupidity-ray, but suddenly, for some reason, I seem to no longer be able to get along with software I used to swear by, even advocating it to friends.

... Perhaps I have been zapped by the stupidity-ray that seems to have affected much of the world just lately... but how would I know...?!

• DustMagnet
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
If you want to ensure a clean install, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000 and C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000. To see the latter, you'll need to set Windows to show hidden files and folders.

The normal caveat applies: backup before you do anything drastic.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #4
Maybe you need to enable set "Enqueue" as the default action under Shell Integration in the preferences?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.