Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to add album art to the main window (in album list column)? (Read 1195 times) previous topic - next topic

How to add album art to the main window (in album list column)?

Hi all

I've been using FB for quite some years now, but I tend to keep things quite close to default.  Just a few customisations and tweaks along the way.  I've added a screenshot of my set up below. 

Apologies in advance for my basic question  :-[    What I'm hoping for is to add a little window to the bottom left - underneath the View and Filter - which shows the artwork of the currently playing track.  In case it is relevant, I don't have embedded artwork, but rather a cover.jpg in each album folder.  Is this possible, and if so would anyone mind walking me through what I need to do?

Out of curiosity, it would also be cool to hear about other ways in which people add artwork to their GUIs.  Screenshots would be even better :)  I already have a set up I'm happy with for displaying artwork OUTSIDE of the the GUI, so no real need for any help with that.

Many thanks

Max

Re: How to add album art to the main window (in album list column)?

Reply #1
Properties>Display>Default User Interface> export theme
Above done to save existing layout

Your left side is a tab container with two tabs. 
Enter layout edit mode.
Right click up near your tabs on left side,  so that TAB container is selected.
Cut
right click in the now empty area
add top bottom splitter . size as you want
Click on top empty portion, paste back your tab container
right click on bottom empty portion
Add album art viewer.
Right click on the just inserted art viewer and make appropriate selection of what to show.

Reply #2
Excellent!  Thanks tpijag.  That worked a treat. 

Still keen to see what other people are up to with their album art, if anyone wants to share?  Or is there a thread/forum where people post their customisations and set ups?

Cheers

Reply #3
Still keen to see what other people are up to with their album art, if anyone wants to share?  Or is there a thread/forum where people post their customisations and set ups?

There are quite a few around here if you search for foobar2000 themes.  And a lot on DeviantArt. And a few on Reddit /r/foobar2000
Mine looks like this. All too much information in those tabs, I know, but ...

or with different tabs chosen,

To get art in the folder, go to Preferences -> Display and tweak the "Search patterns". E.g. my "Front cover" looks for, in order
folder.jp*g
cover.jp*g
front.jp*g
*.jp*g

Then under Preferences -> Advanced, see Display -> Album art and tweak to preference.

Reply #4
Thanks Porcus - much appreciated.  And you even chose the same album :)

Reply #5
This is mine, always cool to see other people's layout! :)

Reply #6
Thanks for sharing eartheater. 

And another plug for Igorrr!