Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't load CUE file in EAC (Read 10235 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't load CUE file in EAC

This is the rip process for me.

Detect gaps

Detect silent gaps

Create CUE sheet mulible wav files with gaps non-complient

Burn CD Test & Copy Tracks

Open write CD in EAC

Open CUE sheet

ERROR MESSAGE "ERROR IN CUE SHEET FILE DOES NOT EXIST IN LINE 7"

I get this regardless what cue sheet I attempt to burn, it's always line 7.

Line 7 above is

FILE  "Peter Gabriel-So <1986>\01 -Red Rain.wav" WAVE

What could be causing my CUE file not to load?

thanks

Reply #1
Open the cue with a text editor and delete all instances of
Peter Gabriel-So <1986>\

Just a note, since you spelled out your procedure, besides being inaccurate, checking gaps for silence is a complete waste of time.

Reply #2
Peter Gabriel-So <1986>\

Just a note, since you spelled out your procedure, besides being inaccurate, checking gaps for silence is a complete waste of time.

I pressed F9, and under "Filename" tag, changed naming scheme to:

%N - %T

and various artist naming scheme to:

%N - %A - %

created a new CUE file, now it reads

FILE "01 -Red Rain. wav." WAVE

This CUE file still will not load in EAC, any more clues what could be set wrong?

Reply #3

Peter Gabriel-So <1986>\

I pressed F9, and under "Filename" tag, changed naming scheme to:

%N - %T

and various artist naming scheme to:

%N - %A - %

created a new CUE file, now it reads

FILE "01 -Red Rain. wav." WAVE

This CUE file still will not load in EAC, any more clues what could be set wrong?

I edited as you directed and the CUE sheet looks like this:

REM GENRE Other
REM DATE 1986
REM DISCID 610ADD09
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb4"
FILE 01 - Red Rain.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 05:36:17
FILE 02 - Sledgehammer.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 05:09:35

My file naming scheme is
%A (%Y) C\%N - %T

my various artist scheme is
(%Y) %C\%N - %A - %T

Cue sheet will not load when I try to burn CD using EAC (or burnnn for that matter).
I decompressed my flac files and the cue file is in the same folder as the audio files.

Any clue what I've done wrong?

thanks

Reply #4
FILE 01 - Red Rain.wav" WAVE
FILE 02 - Sledgehammer.wav" WAVE

Now there are no opening quotes before the file names.  That definitely won't work.  Or is that just a typo here?

Reply #5
Also, this will only work if the cue sheet is in the same folder as the .wav files. And they have to be .wav files to work. If they're anything else it won't recognise the files. So for example if you've converted them to FLAC you will have to edit the cuesheet so it says:
Code: [Select]
FILE "01 - Red Rain.flac" FLAC
...etc.

And as far as i know EAC can't convert the FLAC files back into .wav to burn so you'll have to use Burrrn for that.

Reply #7
Also, this will only work if the cue sheet is in the same folder as the .wav files. And they have to be .wav files to work. If they're anything else it won't recognise the files. So for example if you've converted them to FLAC you will have to edit the cuesheet so it says:
Code: [Select]
FILE "01 - Red Rain.flac" FLAC
...etc.

And as far as i know EAC can't convert the FLAC files back into .wav to burn so you'll have to use Burrrn for that.

Found out the missing quotes were the problem.  Now I'm able to load cue sheet.

Revised one is like this..

REM GENRE Other
REM DATE 1986
REM DISCID 610ADD09
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb4"
FILE "01 - Red Rain.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 05:36:17
FILE "02 - Sledgehammer.wav" WAVE

When I load this CUE file in Burnnn or EAC for burning I notice they there are no tiles listed for each song, only track 1, 2 ect..  Is this normal?

thanks  I'm making progress

...but the OP is also interested in an offset corrected copy, so Burrrn isn't going to work unless the correction is applied to the data prior to using it.

If I'm using Burnn do I put in the "combined read write figure" or do I split it up between read & write?

If I'm using EAC to burn do I put in the "combined read write figure" or do I split it up between read & write?

thanks I'm almost there!

Reply #8
EAC Options (F9) -> Tools tab -> Use CD-Text information in CUE sheet generation

FWIW, although it's unlikely that your original contains CD-TEXT, you can still have it on your copy.

Reply #9
EAC Options (F9) -> Tools tab -> Use CD-Text information in CUE sheet generation

FWIW, although it's unlikely that your original contains CD-TEXT, you can still have it on your copy.

That worked, thanks.  I turnedt this off during the cue loading troublshoot.

That leaves...

"If I'm using Burnn & EAC do I put in the "combined read write figure" or do I split it up between read & write?

If I'm using EAC extract EAC to burn do I put in the "combined read write figure" or do I split it up between read & write?"

Reply #10
That leaves...

"If I'm using Burnn & EAC do I put in the "combined read write figure" or do I split it up between read & write?

If I'm using EAC extract EAC to burn do I put in the "combined read write figure" or do I split it up between read & write?"

If you are writing with Burrrn, you must use combined read/write offset when extracting with EAC if you want the burned audio CD to exactly match the original.  Only EAC burns with adjustable write offeset, no other program can.

If you are writing with EAC, you can extract from EAC either way.  1)  Extract with with read offset and burn with corresponding write offset.  Or 2) Extract with combined read/write offset and burn with write offset of 0.  (Every other burning program has a write offset of 0).

Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AccurateRip only works with method 1).

Personally, my drive has a read offset of +6 and a write offset of -6.  I extract with the read offset of +6 and burn using ImgBurn so my burns are off by 6 samples.  I think that's 0.000136 second, so not an issue for me.

Reply #11
A lot of people extract their CD's to flac (or any other lossless format) not only to listen to them making use of their PC/squeezebox or whatever is out there but for archival purposes as well, it enables them to burn a bit-perfect copy if something happens to that disc. Now for that purpose (assuming people care about offsets) I wouldn't reccomend using combined read/write offset correction. Those backups are mostly meant to outlive your present PC-setup and manually correcting the offsets on a large archive just because your new PC has a drive with a different write-offset can be.. annoying and time-consuming to say the least.. Downside of this all: those who wanna have their files ready to burn exact copies on any system should probably rule burrrn (or any other program besides EAC) out as their burn-software of choice...

Reply #12

That leaves...

If you are writing with Burrrn, you must use combined read/write offset when extracting with EAC if you want the burned audio CD to exactly match the original.  Only EAC burns with adjustable write offeset, no other program can.

If you are writing with EAC, you can extract from EAC either way.  1)  Extract with with read offset and burn with corresponding write offset.  Or 2) Extract with combined read/write offset and burn with write offset of 0.  (Every other burning program has a write offset of 0).

Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AccurateRip only works with method 1).

Personally, my drive has a read offset of +6 and a write offset of -6.  I extract with the read offset of +6 and burn using ImgBurn so my burns are off by 6 samples.  I think that's 0.000136 second, so not an issue for me.

Thats great, thanks for clearing this up!