Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mounting multiple FLAC files as one virtual CD? (Read 9399 times) previous topic - next topic

Mounting multiple FLAC files as one virtual CD?

As written in my other post, I have several CDs ripped into separate FLAC files per track: I also have one cuesheet per album, referring the FLAC files (actually, I have two cuesheets: one for .wav and one for .flac files, although I discarded the .wav files).

There are tools (can't remember which) that let you mount albums that were ripped as one big FLAC file plus cuesheet as a virtual CD.

Is there an easy way to do this with multiple FLAC files as one album?

TIA
rbz

Reply #1
What's the point in mounting FLACs as a virtual CD?

Reply #2
What's the point in mounting FLACs as a virtual CD?

The same point as mounting a single FLAC as a vCD.
Some program may rely on CDs as the source material and/or not be able to process FLAC files.
(Yes, I have a specific program in mind, but I don't want to be laughed at - especially in this forum -, so I'd rather not mention it.)

Please note that I'm looking for an easy way to do it. I know that I could always decompress the FLAC files, combine them to one big WAV, change the cuesheet to one for a single file and use one of the programs I forgot the name of. I'm looking for a way to do something like that automatically.

Reply #3
As written in my other post, I have several CDs ripped into separate FLAC files per track: I also have one cuesheet per album, referring the FLAC files (actually, I have two cuesheets: one for .wav and one for .flac files, although I discarded the .wav files).

There are tools (can't remember which) that let you mount albums that were ripped as one big FLAC file plus cuesheet as a virtual CD.

Is there an easy way to do this with multiple FLAC files as one album?

TIA
rbz

AFAIK all virtual drive software will mount a cue sheet referencing wave files so you will have to decode the flac files.
Also note that noncompliant cue sheets with gap information will not work as is and will have to be altered to remove any INDEX 00 values and re-structure the "FILE" layout as needed.

Scripting this would be easy or the existing cue sheets could be edited in any text editor.
EAC will also let you make a clean cue sheet from files. Foobar and Cuetools may also have functions to do this however I don't use them so you will have to check them out on your own.

Reply #4
Daemon-Tools supports flac/cue since the latest update, maybe it supports multiple flacs per cue, too.

Reply #5
Jusy try winmount, it supports mounting flac,ape and wavpack file

Re: Mounting multiple FLAC files as one virtual CD?

Reply #6
Zombie thread go!
Winmount definitely a great program, it do mounts multiple FLAC's with a CUE, and it really works. That's a pity I couldn't change the drive letter of the created virtual drive. Command line didn't worked at all. Even in an administration tools it is not mentioned.
I am also tried to do that trick for "the app" - the older games reads music from CDDA, and the perfect way to have a collection of old PC games is to have ripped tracks separatelly from the 80-100Mb game.
I ressurected that zombie tread cuz I want to find a solution for that kinda for years. It became some sort of gimmik in my mind, but I still want to find the way