Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No album art for parent folders (Read 599 times) previous topic - next topic

No album art for parent folders

I'm using the default user interface and the album art viewer pane. In the Preferences I have "Prefer current selection" ticked.

In my Album List, I sort by folder structure and when an album has multiple CDs, each CD is in a separate subfolder under the parent album folder. In the parent album folder and each subfolder I have a cover.jpg image.

I usually play the whole set by double-clicking the parent folder in the Album List, which I have set in Preferences to "Send to current playlist".

If I have the parent album folder selected in the Album List though, I get no album art displayed. Unless I defocus fb2k by clicking on another window, explorer for instance, or whatever. Then the album art in the currently playing subfolder is instantly displayed (which is good). If I click back on fb2k's title bar to give fb2k focus again, that image instantly vanishes.

I guess fb2k doesn't display the art from a selected folder that has no audio files in it, even though the subfolders have. That's unfortunate for the way I tend to use it.

This isn't a huge problem, I've just noticed it quite a lot and I miss my album art so I thought I would mention it  ;D