Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I\'m gone for the summer; thanks all (Read 3527 times) previous topic - next topic

I\'m gone for the summer; thanks all

Leaving in a couple of days to work in Yosemite for the summer again.  Yup, that's me in the picture, on top of Cloud's Rest for the night last August.  I won't have much computer access up there, and won't be doing anything with audio except listening on headphones to the music I'm taking with me.  Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed the hanging out that I've done here at hydrogenaudio, and have found people interesting and generally helpful.  It'll be interesting to see what developments have taken place in digital and compressed audio, when I come back to the regular world in August.  But I won't have much time then as I'll be starting a sociology Ph.D. program at UNC-Chapel Hill.

If anyone is going to Yosemite for the summer, look me up... Human Resources could tell you where I live (I don't know yet) and I can get mail at
Tim Cupery
General Delivery
Yosemite National Park
CA,  95389

Peace to all of you.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Reply #1
Have a great time,and run a few miles for me (I need it!)

Reply #2
Originally posted by timcupery
Yup, that's me in the picture, on top of Cloud's Rest for the night last August. 

I'll be starting a sociology Ph.D. program

I often wondered if that was you in the photo - looks like a blast!

Now, what's a sociology student doing on an audio compression forum?

Have fun...
Ruse

Reply #3
Hey, dude. Take care there. Yogi might catch your picnic basket. (yes, I know it's not jellystone.  )

Reply #4
Bye for a while Tim.
Good luck in your work and studies.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
Tinribs-  I do plan to run a fair bit.  Last year I ran Half Dome the first day I was in the park - see some pics at
http://photos.yahoo.com/clevelandrunnerboy
but I don't expect to start that quickly this year... I'm not at quite that fitness level.

Ruse-  I'm a renaissance man 

Roberto-  actually there's some funny stories about people confusing Yosemite with Yellowstone.  I know that people have shown up at Yosemite with reservations for the lodge at Yellowstone, and I assume it has happened the other way around.  Mistake of close to 1000 miles.  Tourons! (yosemitespeak: tourist + moron... the kind of people who will stop their car in the middle of the crowded road to get a picture of deer grazing alongside)
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

Reply #6
Originally posted by Ruse

Now, what's a sociology student doing on an audio compression forum?

Well, being a full-time sociology student myself (apart from writing) I'd say it would be: working hard to understand, as always 

Cheers,

Emanuel

Reply #7
Hey, I've studied sociology too! (I'm taking moral philosophy at the moment.) Are you making any interesting observations in regard to this community yet?

/ Uosdwis