Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_title, new version for 0.9 (Read 280537 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_title, new version for 0.9

Reply #175
Added to my TODO. Hopefully I'll get to that in near future.

Reply #176
Great plugin, though is it possible to drag it to a second monitor? It seems to block at the edge of the screen

I have dual monitors both at work and at home.  I've never had a problem with foo_title, and I always leave it on my second monitor.  My first guess is that you have nView (nVidia's multi-monitor management software) or similar software trying to be "helpful".  I'd check around in your display settings, see if there is anything in there.

Matt

Reply #177
this is wat I need, I'll check it out, thanks!

Reply #178
is there a place for every code I can use?

Reply #179
is there a place for every code I can use?

If you mean all the actions that can be assigned to buttons, then yes... the menus of Foobar.  On the foo_title project page, Quiark says "It can be any command from the main menu, like Play."  That means any main menu command, including those added by whatever plugins you have, can be invoked by a button in a foo_title skin.

As for a list, when you are assigning keyboard shortcuts (Preferences | General | Keyboard Shortcuts), it shows a nice treeview of all the menu commands.  It also lists context menu commands, though, so make sure you are looking at the [main] node of the tree.

If you just meant everything you can do in the skin XML, see the project page linked above.

Enjoy!

Matt

Reply #180
The plugin loads, but then I get no sound on my foobar.
I get this error on my console

[01:27:44] DirectSoundCreate failed : 80010106

Reply #181
Try getting a newer version of your soundcard drivers and/or DirectX. It might help

Reply #182
A new version released (right on my birthday .

Notes:
!! this version will reset your previous foo_title configuration to defaults, so please note what you need (such as the album art filenames) down before installing this !!

Changes:
    - scriptable geometries in skins (via formatting strings)
    - fixed disappearing fades
    - added support for choosing always on top/normal/on desktop z-order
    - added support for creating menu commands from .NET code
    - album art image file is no longer locked, it is loaded into memory
    - created a custom configuration system
    - foo_title can now pop up at the beginning and/or the end of a song
    - pressing Alt-F4 on foo_title will disable it instead of crashing
    - sticking to screen borders now permits pushing it behind the edge (this should make it possible to put foo_title on a different monitor)
    - reset button in the pref page - resets everything, including window position

Reply #183
Nice update, I've just installed this now and I'm loving it
Few requests, my favourite default skin is the white one, but why not have buttons on it? Maybe in the left section? I'd love that but I don't have time right now (exams for the next 3 weeks).

Suggestions:
-Support of embedded artwork as well as linked (someone has modified the albumart panel to support embedded, maybe ask them/take a look at that one to see how to do it?)
-Having foo_title always stay visible but buttons fade in/out upon mouseover? That way one can have a nice design and when the mouse rolls over the buttons appear.

Either way, Kudos

Edit: My foo_title doesn't show if set to show when minimised and I minimise Foobar, is that part broken?

Reply #184
Hi Quiark,

Top 1: Happy Birthday!!!

Top 2: Thank you for the nice update!

Top 3: Bobly seems to be right concerning the behaviour when "When fb2k is minimized" is activated. It doesn't      show up at all.

Top 4: foo_title prevents XP from shutting down. I have to close foobar manually and repeat the shutdown process to switch off my computer.

eTaurus

Reply #185
I felt the urge to post this.

Requires the font "Mini 7", you can change this yourself in the .xml, however.
Download (67 KB @ Rapidshare)

Reply #186
Hey guys, I'm extremely new to foobar (like 2 days lol), but I downloaded this plugin and it works really great.

Only have one problem with it, everytime I start up foobar the titlebar doesn't showup until it plays through a song.  Pretty much intially, when I have it minimized, it won't show anything until the first song I played from the time I started foobar is done playing. It's not that big a problem because I can just forward to the end of a song and let it show up, just a little annoying. Tryed looking through forms for answer and couldn't find anything, was wondering if I'm only one with the problem.

Thanks for the help peepz.

Reply #187
Do you have "All the time" or "Only when.." checked in the foo_title preferences ?

Reply #188
I have the all the times checked. But the "on song start" and "before end" are checked. Maybe I uncheck them?

Edit: I tryed unchecking before end and on song start, still didn't make a difference.

Reply #190
Try getting a newer version of your soundcard drivers and/or DirectX. It might help

That would be pretty hard for someone who owns a Vista Home Premium laptop that's only a couple weeks old.  Something's wrong with foo_title, because I get the same error and foobar will only play music after I remove all the foo_title files.

Edit: just checked with 0.6, same error as with 0.7. I think it's just a Vista issue.

Reply #191
Think I've got the same problem.
It works with Null Output though, just DS that won't work(and I prefer sound on ).
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #192
This is exactly what I was looking for. Great work Quiark!

Reply #193
great plugin

is there a way to get it to stick on top of full screened games?

Reply #194
Hi Quiark,

Top 1: Happy Birthday!!!

Top 2: Thank you for the nice update!

Top 3: Bobly seems to be right concerning the behaviour when "When fb2k is minimized" is activated. It doesn't      show up at all.

Top 4: foo_title prevents XP from shutting down. I have to close foobar manually and repeat the shutdown process to switch off my computer.

eTaurus

Yeah. Minimize does not work...

ciaran

Reply #195
hey Quiark

great stuff this plugin man
is work very well on xp x64 but i have changed my SO and i need you help on this

i change my SO to vista x64 and this plugin freeze my foobar

if you can, and if you have time and patience etc etc  you maybe take a look on this please?

thx in advance

_pq

my SO
i run vista x64 ultimate on a e6600 cpu

my foobar:
Core (2007-04-20 20:36:34)
    foobar2000 core 0.9.4.3
foo_abx.dll (2007-04-20 20:35:00)
    ABX Comparator 1.3.1
foo_albumlist.dll (2007-04-20 20:34:58)
    Album List 3.2.0
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2007-05-13 14:23:40)
    Audioscrobbler 1.3.6
foo_cdda.dll (2007-04-20 20:34:44)
    CD Audio Decoder 2.1.1
foo_converter.dll (2007-04-20 20:34:28)
    Converter 1.0.1
foo_cwbowron.dll (2007-07-13 10:18:14)
    Album Art Browser 0.0.5 [Jul 13 2007 - 10:15:45]
foo_dsp_std.dll (2007-01-20 00:36:56)
    Standard DSP array 1.0
foo_dts.dll (2006-05-26 06:14:52)
    DTS decoder 0.1
foo_freedb2.dll (2006-08-29 19:43:04)
    freedb Tagger 0.5.2a
foo_input_monkey.dll (2006-06-13 20:35:46)
    Monkey's Audio decoder 2.1
foo_input_std.dll (2007-04-20 20:34:22)
    FLAC Decoder 1.1.0
    Standard Input Array 1.0
    WMA Decoder 1.1
foo_masstag.dll (2007-04-20 20:33:44)
    Masstagger 1.6
foo_rgscan.dll (2007-04-20 20:33:22)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.2
foo_sic.dll (2007-01-08 11:52:52)
    foosic music database 1.0 beta 12
foo_ui_columns.dll (2007-07-15 23:23:12)
    Columns UI 0.2.0 alpha 3
foo_ui_std.dll (2007-04-20 20:33:14)
    Default User Interface 0.9acc
foo_uie_albumart.dll (2007-01-15 17:04:44)
    Album Art Panel 0.2.6
foo_uie_albumlist.dll (2007-06-11 14:13:53)
    Album list panel 0.2.3 beta
foo_uie_trackinfo.dll (2006-06-24 23:32:21)
    Track info panel 0.8
foo_uie_trackinfo_mod.dll (2007-01-05 14:36:20)
    Track info panel mod 0.8.0 beta [Jan  5 2007 - 13:36:12]
foo_uie_vis_projectm.dll (2006-10-04 23:26:46)
    projectM visualization (Panel) 0.4 (SSE2)
foo_unpack.dll (2007-04-20 20:35:14)
    RAR reader 1.1
    ZIP/GZIP reader 1.0

Reply #196
I'm sorry, but I have no clue why it crashes. On my Vista 64bit I had no problems.

Reply #197
I have a really odd request. I usually use a mini skin up at the titlebar, but I also like that I can make it appear on song start/end. How about on stop/play pause as well? Back to my request, I'd like to have two "instances" so I could have two skins at once (a title bar skin thats always on at the topand the CD Cover skin to appear at the bottom right on song play/pause/stop/change). I use Pretty popup, but the case skin is much more glamorous.

Reply #198
indeed no sound on vista, so no use at all for me now. If this ever gets resolved that would be great.

Reply #199
I was trying to set up my friend with foobar and some nice skins and foo_titile. He was running vista also, and we had the no sound problem too. After we removed only foo_titiel it worked, so add another to the count of ppl  with the vista problem. Hopefully this gets resolved.

I was just wondering though, as vista comes with .net framework 3.0, does it also come with 2.0 or is it already part of 3.0? Maybe all that has to be done is install .net framework 2.0 on vista? If anyone wants to givie it a shot that would help.

Hope the problem gets sorted out.