Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Contact information at Rarewares (Read 3510 times) previous topic - next topic

Contact information at Rarewares

I'd like to contact whoever manages the Rarewares site but cannot find any contact information anywhere there.

Could this information please be added to the Rarewares site?

Specifically, I'd like to request removal of the version 1.3a of in_vorbis.dll; it is known to have bugs that corrupt ogg files that have been tagged with it.  It is no longer the latest version (v1.35 is most recent as of this message).  If an old version is to be posted, make it the stable version 1.29.  I think 1.3a should have been removed as soon as it was discoverd to corrupt the ogg files.

Other than that, Rarewares is a great source for audio tools!  Thanks for providing it.

Reply #1
you need to contact Roberto.

Reply #2
Thanks for reporting it.

I already removed in_vorbis from the Ogg section, and added my e-mail address to the About page.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #3
Hey thanks, Roberto!  I'm glad to see you get recognition for the work you do.

Now, about this "Validated News" that tells of a new Winamp that is not a release but a leak of a beta version...  What is meant by "Validated"?  How do you handle an announcement that turns out to be premature? 

Reply #4
How do you handle an announcement that turns out to be premature? 

Don't ask me! I'm not a mod.

Reply #5
Sorry Roberto.  I didn't mean you speciifically.  The big gap between paragraphs was intended to indicate a change of subject AND who it was directed to.

To any mod:  Just curious, how do you handle a post of "Validated News" that turns out later to be a false alarm?  Can the news be un-validated?