Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Songbird 1.0 is out (Read 5285 times) previous topic - next topic

Songbird 1.0 is out

Songbird is an open-source customizable music player that's under active development. Songbird team is working on creating a non-proprietary, cross platform, extensible tool.

More information and download Here.

It seems a lot of progress has been made since previous versions, especially regarding performance. The new version also comes with some interesting add-ons like last.fm support and more.

Songbird 1.0 is out

Reply #1
"No Search Results for replaygain"

Songbird 1.0 is out

Reply #3

"No Search Results for replaygain"

Gapless???

FLAC yes, MP3 no (so it seems)

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=67766

Songbird has the potential of being a player which audiophiles and the "general public" might like. I really like the concept where you can stream mp3s from weblogs, for example. BUT the lack of replaygain is a shame, really. It is not really hard to implement I guess??

Songbird 1.0 is out

Reply #4
BUT the lack of replaygain is a shame, really. It is not really hard to implement I guess??

If you look at the roadmap, you'll see that they are planning some sort of normalisation for the February '09 release.
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

Songbird 1.0 is out

Reply #7

BUT the lack of replaygain is a shame, really. It is not really hard to implement I guess??

If you look at the roadmap, you'll see that they are planning some sort of normalisation for the February '09 release.

Ok that's great.

Hopefully not a proprietary system.

yes let's hope that by "simple" they mean the interface, and that Replaygain is used "under the hood".

Provide a simple way to ensure a consistent playback level.