Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 5.1ch Codec for TMPGEnc Xpress? (Read 10959 times) previous topic - next topic

5.1ch Codec for TMPGEnc Xpress?

Hi all,

Does anybody know of any 5.1 channel encoders that are compatible with TMPGEnc Xpress?

The only multi channel directshow encoder i could find was Aud-X but this does not show when trying to encode!
Windows Media Audio 10 works perfectly for WMV files but ideally I want something like AAC that will work in an AVI file with DivX or Xvid.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply #1
Does anybody know of any 5.1 channel encoders that are compatible with TMPGEnc Xpress?

The only multi channel directshow encoder i could find was Aud-X but this does not show when trying to encode!
Windows Media Audio 10 works perfectly for WMV files but ideally I want something like AAC that will work in an AVI file with DivX or Xvid.

The unique 5.1 channel audio format fully compatible with AVI container (and MPEG-2 containers) is AC3.

There are a free encoder (Aften) but work in command line, with GUI's or other programs like BeLight or BeHappy.

Ac3filter and ffdshow DS filters can encode and output ac3 format but I don't know if can work with TMPGEnc Xpress.

BTW, to obtain AVI files with DivX/Xvid you can use other soft than TMPGEnc.

Reply #2
Thanks, my audio is already AC3. It is wrapped in an M2TS file. Basically I am trying to encode from this to HD file that will fit on a dual layer disc. I can't find anything that will demux the AC3 out properly or read the original muxed stream and allow me to pass through the AC3 whilst encoding from AVCHD to DIVX, except TMPGEnc, but it will not allow me to pass through the AC3! Really iratating!

The unique 5.1 channel audio format fully compatible with AVI container (and MPEG-2 containers) is AC3.

There are a free encoder (Aften) but work in command line, with GUI's or other programs like BeLight or BeHappy.

Ac3filter and ffdshow DS filters can encode and output ac3 format but I don't know if can work with TMPGEnc Xpress.

BTW, to obtain AVI files with DivX/Xvid you can use other soft than TMPGEnc.

Reply #3
Thanks, my audio is already AC3. It is wrapped in an M2TS file. Basically I am trying to encode from this to HD file that will fit on a dual layer disc. I can't find anything that will demux the AC3 out properly or read the original muxed stream and allow me to pass through the AC3 whilst encoding from AVCHD to DIVX, except TMPGEnc, but it will not allow me to pass through the AC3! Really iratating!

M2TS seems to indicate you are dealing with an MPEG2 transport stream

if so, use PVAStrumento for demuxing your transport stream
http://offeryn.de/dv.htm#pvas

that should result in an elementary MPEG2 video stream and an AC3 file that you could use in an authoring program, such as DVDlab

if you are intending to cut your source natively (ie. without recompression), you should opt for MPEG2Schnitt
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Mpeg2Schnitt

PVAStrumento can generate the needed MPEG2Schnitt index files during demuxing, that a will effectively remedy all synchronization issues between video and audio

I did this with a lot of HDV streams from our Sony Z1 that I captured via FireWire using CapDVHS
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/CapDVHS

HTH and feel free to ask back, if you'd need more assistance ...

Cheers,
Maggi