Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8 (Read 87972 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #25
Is there any chance to support non latin signs? For instance sth like that: "Ничего Хорошего" ?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #26
I think that would either depend on the software using the API calling the Unicode functions, or your system using the correct default codepage.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #27
Just FYI, foo_winamp_spam is the leading crash cause for foobar2000 v0.9.6.5 and all its versions are currently on a good way to get banned in the next version. I've PM'd the author (selyb) about the bug and its solution a week ago, but got no reply yet.
In case this won't be resolved, here are components offering similar functionality in advance:
foo_winamp_ipc (straightforward, but seems like it has quite limited command support),
foo_vis_shpeck (ignore everything vis. related and set only main window and playlist title formatting string)
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #28
Could you send me some details about the crashes please?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #29
Why?
Calls metadb_handle->get_info_locked(info), does not check the return value, accesses random garbage because info stays uninitialized.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #30
So it appears the plugin name was blacklisted, that took me quite a while to discover after updating foobar2000 and wondering why the hell my old 0.90 version no longer worked (which has never crashed on me BTW). Was this crash introduced in the forked version? If so, I guess it's my mistake for using an unrestricted source license.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #31
No, you introduced this bug.
Calls metadb_handle->get_info_locked(info), does not check the return value, accesses random garbage because info stays uninitialized.

I just checked with my version and I am the one that continued development after you. The mentioned problem is in a part of code I never touched. So it's your bug .

I'd fix it, but I neither have the current version of foobar nor of the SDK on my machine.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #32
No, you introduced this bug.

I just checked with my version and I am the one that continued development after you. The mentioned problem is in a part of code I never touched. So it's your bug .

I'd fix it, but I neither have the current version of foobar nor of the SDK on my machine.

Under what circumstances would foobar2000 not provide metainfo?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #33
So, you gonna try and fix it R1CH?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #34
Under what circumstances would foobar2000 not provide metainfo?

Data not yet loaded. My guess goes to multithreading race condition.

If someone want's to fix this (a child's play), here's my last version of the source-code:
foo_winamp_spam 0.96 source

It's not the most current one - selyb has the most current one, but he seems not be reading this. If you want to contact him, that's his email:

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #35
Just FYI, foo_winamp_spam is the leading crash cause for foobar2000 v0.9.6.5 and all its versions are currently on a good way to get banned in the next version. I've PM'd the author (selyb) about the bug and its solution a week ago, but got no reply yet.
In case this won't be resolved, here are components offering similar functionality in advance:
foo_winamp_ipc (straightforward, but seems like it has quite limited command support),
foo_vis_shpeck (ignore everything vis. related and set only main window and playlist title formatting string)

this one http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=58729 worked like a charm, didn't have to change my gaim/pidgin conf a bit
many thanks Yirkha

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #36
My deal is, foo_winamp_spam was what I used in mIRC along with this code.  Will foo_winamp_ipc work with the code as it is ... I don't know mIRC scripting, so I wouldn't be able to fix it

Code: [Select]
/spam {

set %title $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSong, 0)
  if (%title == 0) {
/echo $active *** No supported audio player found!
return
  }

set %kbps $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongKbps, 0)
  set %khz $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongKHz, 0)
  set %totaltime $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongTotalTime, 0)
  set %elapsedtime $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongElapsedTime, 0)
  set %channels $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongChannels, 0)
  set %filename $dll(r1dll.dll, GetCurrentWinampSongFileName, 0)

set %t_mins 0
  set %e_mins 0

set %t_secs %totaltime
  if (%totaltime == -1) {
set %fileformat %filename
goto totalloop
  }

set %filesize 0

if (%filename != $null) {
set %filesize $file(%filename).size
set %filesize $round($calc(%filesize / 1024 / 1024),2)
set %fileformat $upper($gettok(%filename,-1, 46))
  }

:totalloop
  if (%t_secs < 60) {
goto endtotalloop
  }
  inc %t_mins
  dec %t_secs 60
  goto totalloop
  :endtotalloop

set %e_secs %elapsedtime
  :elapsedloop
  if (%e_secs < 60) {
goto endelapsedloop
  }
  inc %e_mins
  dec %e_secs 60
  goto elapsedloop
  :endelapsedloop

if (%t_secs < 10) {
set %filler2 0
  }
  if (%e_secs < 10) {
set %filler 0
  }
  if (%t_secs <= 0) {
set %total_string
if (%fileformat == $null) {
  set %file_string Streaming@ $+ %kbps $+ kbps
  goto ihatemircselse
}
if (%kbps == 0) {
  set %file_string Streaming: %filename
  goto ihatemircselse
}
set %file_string Streaming: %fileformat @ $+ %kbps $+ kbps
:ihatemircselse
goto noset
  }

set %total_string / $+ %t_mins $+ : $+ %filler2 $+ %t_secs
  if (%filesize != 0) {
set %file_string %fileformat $+ @ $+ %kbps $+ kbps, %filesize $+ mb
goto noset
  }
  set %file_string %fileformat $+ @ $+ %kbps $+ kbps
  :noset
  if (%foobar == 1) {
/describe $active is playing %title [foobar2k]
goto duns
  }
  /describe $active is playing %title ( $+ %file_string $+ , %e_mins $+ : $+ %filler $+ %e_secs $+ %total_string $+ )
  :duns
  unset %filesize
  unset %file_string
  unset %total_string
  unset %filename
  unset %fileformat
  unset %filler2
  unset %filler
  unset %e_mins
  unset %e_secs
  unset %title
  unset %kbps
  unset %khz
  unset %t_mins
  unset %t_secs
  unset %elapsedtime
  unset %totaltime
  unset %channels
}
[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Moderation: Removed full quote, added codebox.[/size]

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #37
Will foo_winamp_ipc work with the code as it is ... I don't know mIRC scripting, so I wouldn't be able to fix it

Why don't you try it yourself and see with your own eyes? The code you pasted there uses an external DLL which no one could know how does it interact with Winamp... but it most probably will work with foo_winamp_ipc, so just try it.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #38
Many thanks!  I was unaware things like that would work with other components.  Wasn't sure if code was set to work with the said component!

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #39
Hi!

As it is now, foo_winamp_spam.dll delivers the title of the track with the index (item) number as the base (meaning: You can edit everything in the string that's deliverd EXCEPT the index number).
This is sort of annying since it delivers a false value of the indexnumber. Currently it's TracktIndexNumber-2. (736 becomes 734. And it also shows 0 when you select a new track)

If possible, can someone who knows how to fix this either correct this in the .dll or make it possible to remove the index number aswell? (Or why not both?)
It would be much appreciated.
It's a very nice plugin and basically the only one we got that's worth to use for Rainmeter.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #40

IPC didn't work, but the shpeck works flawlessly, didnt have to configure anything. (using foobar 0.9.6.8 and digsby)

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #41
foo_winamp_spam, foo_winamp_ipc and foo_vis_shpeck all work but they all make my foobar crash after a while (memory allocation problems etc.) When I remove them, the problem is gone.

I'm using fb2k 0.9.6.8 and I am also using foo_audioscrobbler and foo_wlm.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #42
pity it doesn't work now, is there anyway to support GTalk status except AIMP?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #43
i used a bit older foo_winamp_spam, and now that i upgraded to latest (0.9.6.8), it stopped working. any chance of upgrading it?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #44
Maybe wrong point to ask but...
I tried a bit with foo_pod and installed an old version of foobar for it... (well wont work, but thats an other topic )
Now foo_winamp_spam wont be actived by the new foobar version i installed afterwards... I installed it serveral times and copied the dll into the components folder but he wont list it in the program and so i wont work anymore :/
Any suggestions?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #46
the foo_winamp_ipc works, thanks  ...
Dont know, seems so that it wont run with the newest foobar version (the winamp_spam)

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #47
Due to popular demand here is a fixed version of 0.90 (my last release), keep in mind that this does not include any of the enhancements made since then due to no source code being available for the other versions.

http://r-1.ch/foo_winamp_spam-0.90fix.zip

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #48
Will this work even if it's fixed given that it was blacklisted?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9.8

Reply #49
yes. Have you tried it?
elevatorladylevitateme