Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 240629 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #350
Hi everybody,

first thanks for the great foo_playlist_organizer. Now I have a weird problem. From one moment to another I got following error message:  "Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."

I did not change anything on my system the last few weeks. I started foobar as usual and the error message came up. Any ideas?

I reinstalled the  foo_plorg.dll and also downgraded foobar (1.3.9 is relative new) to 1.3.8 and 1.3.7. The error is still there  :'(

System: Win7 64-bit

Reply #351
I did not change anything on my system the last few weeks. I started foobar as usual and the error message came up. Any ideas?
If you didn't change anything, no idea....
But when this error came up previously, like mentioned a few times on the first pages of this thread, it usually was that the " Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" requirement that wasn't met:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Playlist_Organizer_%28foo_plorg%29

Good lucks.
c.

Reply #352
If you didn't change anything, no idea....
But when this error came up previously, like mentioned a few times on the first pages of this thread, it usually was that the " Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" requirement that wasn't met:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Playlist_Organizer_%28foo_plorg%29

Good lucks.
c.

Thanks. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is on my machine. How I said foobar was even running as the error happend. Everthing else runs fine (audioplugins vst, etc.). No changes on my system.

Edit: Problem solved. After installing the latest (security!) update for Microsoft Visual C++ everything works fine. Just wonder why it do not happend before and occurred so suddenly while foobar was running.

Reply #353
@NEMO7538 Can you implement a feature like
Playlists prefixed with predefined text (ex:"lfm") to be added to specific folder (ex: LastFm)

Reply #354
Hi, thanks for building and sharing such an awesome plugin.
This is my current setup

The floating window allows me to sort the list of playlists....  however, when I do that, the list of playlists in the panel does not update.

Are the panel and the floating window supposed to be "connected" or are they actually different?

My goal is to sort my list of playlists that appears in the panel... and I didn't see a way to Sort other than using the floating window.

Thanks for any guidance

Reply #355
Are the panel and the floating window supposed to be "connected" or are they actually different?

They are not "connected"

Reply #356
My goal is to sort my list of playlists that appears in the panel... and I didn't see a way to Sort other than using the floating window.

Thanks for any guidance
I am probably misunderstanding, but does right-click > Sort in the 'docked' window not work for you?
Granted, it doesn't auto create  'New' folders like the floating version, but that is easily rectified by adding them yourself with fitting names.

Reply #357

Thanks for any guidance
I am probably misunderstanding, but does right-click > Sort in the 'docked' window not work for you?
Granted, it doesn't auto create  'New' folders like the floating version, but that is easily rectified by adding them yourself with fitting names.

AH! If I put playlists into a folder, then Right Click on the folder then click Sort, sorting does work. 

Reply #358
Hm... is anyone else having undo not working in the foo_plorg window ? Or is this a known issue even ?
Just discovered this the hard way with a WIP playlist when a delete action had its focus on the playlist and not on the files inside the playlist....
Churs.
c.

Reply #359
Developer I would be happy if you can add a playlist switching with mouse wheel as a preference like f2k's tabs

Reply #360
Mouse wheel is already used to scroll the tree.

Reply #361
Heya,
in case you're occasionally tinkering with this component still - if you drag & drop a .m3u file into foo_plorg, the resulting playlist gets a consecutively named "New Playlist (1)" (or New Playlist (2), New Playlist (3) and so forth) name.
Would be grand if the playlist created from the drag & drop action could take on the files' name (minus .m3u extension).
Just a thought.
Cheers.
c.

Migrate playlist organizer settings to another computer

Reply #362
First of all thank you for the organizer, which helped me a lot organizing my music for tango-djing.
The problem I can't seem to get a grip on is as follows:
I want to migrate / mirror my entire foobar-setup to another computer (as a fallback solution / just in case)
To achieve it, I copied all of the settings to the new machine, which worked fine regarding some playlists, the entire  layout etc....
But I just can't copy/migrate my playlist- folder structure as created with the organizer. No nested folders, no folders anymore, and most of the playlist names gone. Where are these informations stored? how can I copy them into another system? (WIN7 32BIT -> WIN7 64BIT)
Please help. It would be awful to loose all that work and time I put into the old structure.
kind regards, Mikel

Solved: Migrate playlist organizer settings to another computer

Reply #363
Hat sich erledigt. Ich habe auf dem Zielsystem eine portable Installation von Foobar2000 angelegt, aus dem Quellsystem den Inhalt des Ordners C:\Users\MeinName\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 in die portabel Installation übernommen und dann hatte ich, was ich wollte.

-> Copied content of C:\Users\"MyName"\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 to foobar2000 folder of portable installation

Reply #364
Hat sich erledigt. Ich habe auf dem Zielsystem eine portable Installation von Foobar2000 angelegt, aus dem Quellsystem den Inhalt des Ordners C:\Users\MeinName\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 in die portabel Installation übernommen und dann hatte ich, was ich wollte.

-> Copied content of C:\Users\"MyName"\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 to foobar2000 folder of portable installation

This isn't the right thread for this problem but you seem to have solved it by yourself.

Reply #365
Hm... is anyone else having undo not working in the foo_plorg window ? Or is this a known issue even ?
Just discovered this the hard way with a WIP playlist when a delete action had its focus on the playlist and not on the files inside the playlist....
Heya,
out of curiousity - as I find a component crippling foobars' undo queue a tad worrying (i.e. if you delete something from innside the  foo_plorg window, it not only lets you not undo the delete action, it also removes all undos from foobars global undo queue) -
am I the only one experiencing this undo issue with foo_plorg ?
or is no one using this component ?
or is no one deleting stuff ?
or does no-one care undo is broken and is affecting foobar directly...?
So many questions :D
c.

Reply #366
undo and redo's are local to the selected playlist and will therefore become unavailable if the playlist is deleted. This has nothing to do with foo_plorg.

Reply #367
Thanks for the feedback & explanation!
But, try this:
- select a playlist
- move tracks/positions around in the main playlist, as to change it
- in foo_plorg windows, delete another playlist (i.e. not the one you shuffled positions in before)
- now, try to undo. For me in this case, undo has nothing anymore. Nada.  Not the delete of the unrelated playlist (I recently only found the foo_plorg restore option...), and not the track-shuffling in the 'other' playlist either

I just thought this behaviour odd, but if that's intended, fair enough.
Cheers.
c.

Reply #368
I used to use a lot of quick-searches with SHIFT, it makes search in new playlist.

But my pain with such scheme is Playlist Organizer always puts new playlist to the end of root directory.
So then folder-tree of my playlists becomes extreamly long in a few weeks.

I do tidy from time to time, some searches I'm willing to return I put them to folder.

My dream is about "Autofolder" which would "catch" quick-search generated playlists by name pattern or so.
Is it hard to emplement?

Or maybe multiple playlist selection to move them as bunch?

Reply #369
How do I create a auto-playlist in Playlist Organizer?

Reply #370
I used to use a lot of quick-searches with SHIFT, it makes search in new playlist.

But my pain with such scheme is Playlist Organizer always puts new playlist to the end of root directory.
So then folder-tree of my playlists becomes extreamly long in a few weeks.

I do tidy from time to time, some searches I'm willing to return I put them to folder.

My dream is about "Autofolder" which would "catch" quick-search generated playlists by name pattern or so.
Is it hard to emplement?

Or maybe multiple playlist selection to move them as bunch?
Nothing of that sort is planned at the moment.
You'd better use the quicksearch history function imho.

How do I create a auto-playlist in Playlist Organizer?
You can't

Reply #371
Nevermind. Got it solved.
c.

Reply #372
Thanks for this useful plugin. Please help me see, I cannot find where to change its font...
You cannot (at the moment) .... the plugin inherits the default fonts from either CUI or DUI.
Is this still how foo_plorg is supposed to work? Because it doesn't work right on my setup. For some reason it's scaling down the font set for "list items" (I assume) to like 6 point. I had a similar problem with another panel, but that one was listed as an element in the dropdown menu on the Colors and Fonts menu in Preferences (in Display->ColumnsUI->Colours and Fonts, Fonts tab), and setting it to Custom resolved the issue. But there doesn't seem to be an element listed for Playlist Organizer, so I can't fix it the same way.

ate=1347156082]
Suggestions/Aesthetic:
1-Change padding size option.
2-Change font size option.
Is there really no way to do this? It seems silly that I can easily change the font color (by RightClicking the panel and selecting Options->Custom Colors->Text) but not the size. I realize all these quotes are several years old, but http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Playlist_Organizer_(foo_plorg) doesn't mention font anywhere. Unless I'm missing something, I can't do anything from the Colours and Fonts menu, and the Playlist Organizer preference menu doesn't have anything relating to fonts at all. This plugin would be super convient for me if it was possible for me to see what I was doing. Has no one designed a workaround for this?

Here's a screenshot to illustrate my issue (arrow added for emphasis):

Reply #373
Hiya,
I'm just setting up a new computer w win10 (64bit), and when trying foo_plorg w latest foobar 1.3.13, I get (with the odl component dll as well as a freshly downloaded foo_plorg installer/zip):

Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

Anyone else seeing this ? And is there a potential solution or does it require a recompile ?

Cheers.
c.