Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating 5.1 AC3 (Read 4237 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating 5.1 AC3

I have created 6 mono racks in Adobe Audition that I need to convert into a 5.1 AC3 file. I have tried BeSweet/BeLight/BeSweetGUI and cannot seem to make it work (I read one post that said the BeSweet MUX facility is not working on the current betas). BeSweet can't seem to read either the 6-channel wavs nor the mono wavs that Audition creates. This is a one-time project, so I really don't want to buy some expensive software (Acid, etc). What are my options? Thanks.

Creating 5.1 AC3

Reply #1
Try ffmpeg. Commandline would be like

ffmpeg -i input.wav -acodec ac3 -ab 448 out.ac3

Creating 5.1 AC3

Reply #2
Latexx,
Thanks for the suggestion. I get an error message saying "unsupported codec for input stream". Maybe I don't have the correct libavcodec? If so, where can I get the correct libavcodec?

Creating 5.1 AC3

Reply #3
So it appears that ffmpeg doesn't like multichannel wav as input. You could try mencoder next.