Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where are settings stored? Running under Wine (Read 3213 times) previous topic - next topic

Where are settings stored? Running under Wine

Hi all.

I use a Mac now but want to get Foobar2000 up and running.

Its running pretty good under Wine but there are a few things which don't work, such as the equalizer.  Is there anyway to change the preset of the eq in registry or in a .ini file or something?

My only other alternative for a music play is Cog, which is cool but doesn't have EQ.

thanks!

Reply #1
Settings are stored in foobar2000.cfg, a binary file secured with checksum to avoid corruption, so you won't be able to modify it anyway.

Because Wine is not an officially supported platform, don't expect any help here. You might be better off bugging Wine developers to fix the code responsible for non working Equalizer.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
The equalizer works fine in the latest versions of wine. Last I tried was 1.1.10

Reply #3
Please define "don't work".

Reply #4
Hi all.

What happens is that it opens up a new window which stretches horizontally all the way off the screen.  There is nothing in the window, it is just blank.  From here, the app is frozen, the music still plays but I can't do anything.

I will have the try a later version of Wine.  I was using Crossover, but I think don't think they use the very latest version of Wine.  Will give Darwine a spin.  Thanks.