Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Req: way to use Stop After Track/Current as context option on any song (Read 1803 times) previous topic - next topic

Req: way to use Stop After Track/Current as context option on any song

I use Playback > Stop After Current often, depending on circumstances. But what I'd love to be able to do is right-click on any song at any place in the active playlist and select the equivalent of "Stop After This Track" or "Set 'Stop After Current' Here" or something like that. Then the playlist would play in order as normal until the end of the specific track that I had selected to "Stop After...", at which point fb2k would behave as if the "Stop After Current" flag was set. Optimally, this should be treated as a "one time event" and after stopping playback upon reaching the end of the flagged track, all flags should revert to where they where prior to this command so the next time playback is started, no matter how, fb2k would proceed as normal (as per global settings).

Or is this functionality present and I just haven't seen it?    Or is there a 3rd party plug-in that does this?

Thanks for any advice!

Reply #1
Probably needs a bit of user intervention. Drag all the files up to and including the stop track and drag to another playlist, one which should be able to have it's settings set as you require with the use of foo_playlist_attributes.

Reply #3
I think, foo_playlist_attributes is a good advice.

"Stop after focused track" is similar to desired feature.

Thanks grimes & tpijag! This plug-in provides what I'm after with "Stop Focused Track", this is great! Do you know of any way to put that command into the right-click context menu? Not that it will stop me from using this. Thanks again.

Reply #4
In regard to how "stop after focused track" works indeed it would be better to place it in the contaxt menu rather than main menu: once applied it stops playback at this one track - doesn't matter if you change the focused track during playback. the presence in the main menu made me thinking that changing the focus during playback also changes the track where the playback should stop. But that's a very minor issue!

Reply #5
Well, actually the playlist context menus is supposed to be process the current selection. However, as this principle is also not strictly followed by other components (e.g. masstagger, at least the main functionality of "manage scripts" is not processing the selection), I implented it as it is quite useful.