Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Without roaming files, am I SOL? (Read 1507 times) previous topic - next topic

Without roaming files, am I SOL?

Hello,
I am attempting to transfer over my old trusty f2k setup/themes to my new computer. However, I believe made a mistake when transferring foobar to my new computer, in that I only copied the program files over....A few hours of digging online and troubleshooting, made me realize that I should have copied the roaming files over as well. Since I don't have access to my old computer anymore, can I salvage at least some of my old F2k configuration using only the "foobar2000" program files, or will i have to start over?

Thanks in advance for everyone's time!

Re: Without roaming files, am I SOL?

Reply #1
In short, yes, you are SOL'd ;)

With a standard install, all customizations are kept in the user folder. (So different users can have different themes)

With a portable install, everything is in a single install folder. (So it can be copied easily and run without installing it)

There are some pretty nice pre-made themes available though -

Eole (CUI)
Georgia (new SMP)
StrigUI (DUI)
CaTRoX QWR
TripleQ

(I have not tried them all, just linking)

Reply #3
With a standard install, all customizations are kept in the user folder. (So different users can have different themes)

With a portable install, everything is in a single install folder. (So it can be copied easily and run without installing it)
Everything can be in single folder even with not portable install. Just remove file user_profiles_enabled after installation.

Reply #4
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help